Saturday, March 1, 2014

Some Days you Gotta Dance

Well today was an adventure.....

This morning we got up as usual and headed to the gym. The lady from the daycare was 'sick'. The guy at the front desk said he would watch the kids and work the desk. I was ok with this because I really wanted to workout but I still had to rush my workout because I felt bad leaving my kids for that long with him. Anyways he had come up with some sort of payment game and the kids ended up leaving with a dollar worth of change each. So I guess we are ahead of the game.

The boys wanted to go to the pool today. I had bought them some new rings to dive for and they were very excited to try them out. So we got to the pool and we were the only ones there. PERFECT! We had the place to ourselves for a good half an hour. I kept checking the gate thinking I heard the HAG coming. Then .... there she was. She breezed in, walked an inch away from me with a big sneer on her face and walked right by me. I quickly texted mom to tell her the hag had arrived. She quickly texted me back to remind me to take the high road. I was going to take the high road, but I was also going to defend my kids. I was ready, ready for some confrontation. Then I heard the gate open again. A very friendly man walked through. He stopped and chatted with me about the boys then proceeded to go and lay down next to HAG. She was still giving me the evil eye but her husband was very wonderful!  I was a little shocked! Anyways I kind of had a sense of relief knowing that she had a sensible side (her husband). I took the kids home after that to give them some peace and quiet.

After a quick lunch the kids and I headed to get groceries in Paia. Our favourite store in the world is MANA foods, we go there every Saturday to load up on the healthy stuff. Paia is about 30 minutes away from us and it is always VERY busy. There is always a line up getting into town and it is a lot of stop and go. So we were in the line to town and the air conditioner stopped working. So I opened the windows. I recently bought the kids the CARS soundtrack and no word of a lie we have been listening to the CD on repeat for two weeks. So we had it blasting with all the windows open. Boys were singing and dancing in the back seat. We finally got to the Mana parking lots and were doing circles until we found a spot.  The windows were still open and Ethan says 'Mom it smells like farts'. I naturally (lol) took a big whiff. It didn't smell farts it smelt like someones engine burning. I thought nothing of it and kept circling. On the next round Ethan says 'Mom the car is smoking'. I look at the hood.... CRAP... our car is smoking. It was just a little, but our temperature gage was at top temperature. Here I am freaking out just a little but kept circling because there was nowhere to stop. Then the smoke started coming... more, then more, then it was BILLOWING out of the hood. People were flagging me over and waving at me to stop (because I guess they thought I couldn't see the smoke in front of my face). I had no where to go but with some crazy luck someone pulled out of a spot right in front of me and I pulled in. We all jumped out and a huge amount of liquid spilled under the car.

SO the kids and I were just sitting in the middle of the parking lot and I just couldn't help but laugh. Seriously? Did this just happen to me? It is almost like Maui was trying to tell us to GET OFF THE ISLAND. Well sorry Maui I see your signs, but we are STAYING. So I had a little laugh with the kids and got on the phone to budget. Of course I don't have a phone plan and was on hold for over  30 minutes with budget (that is gonna be pricy). I took the kids over to a little cafe and bought them a snack and the worlds best smoothie and talked to the budget lady.

We were told it would take 2 hours for them to deliver us a new car. I really wasn't looking forward to attempting to entertain the kids in a shopping town for two hours.  But the kids and I wandered around for awhile then we went and got our groceries from Mana. I decided that due to stress I needed a Mana cookie (Best cookie in the world). It was delicious... didn't even share with the kids I ate it so fast. The new car only ended up taking about an hour. We went to the car and took everything out. The back seat and the trunk were left with a 2 inch thick sludge of sand and crackers. The tow truck pulled up with a brand new car. We had a versa and now have a flashy little fully loaded Sentra. We jumped in and it is BRAND new. Only 4 miles on the car.... I wonder how long it will take the sand and crackers to consume the back seat.

On the way home the kids insisted we put the cars CD into the new car, we cranked up the tunes and danced the whole way home. Surprisingly happy considering the very long day that had just taken place! What was meant to be a quick trip to Mana foods turned into a full day adventure but we came out ahead with a brand new car! Now we are rushing to clean the house because Aunty Claire and Uncle Jake come TONIGHT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment