Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Blob Blog

I feel Huge, I am Huge. All I can think about today is having my baby and starting my training for the next half marathon. Get this weight off me.
Sometimes I feel people may judge me for how big I've gotten this early in my pregnancy, and I dislike those people who are able to continue to be super active during their pregnancies (and I don't dislike you I'm just jealous). As per usual I was sick as a dog for the first 17 weeks, no energy to get out of bed let alone workout. Now that I'm not sick, I just am so exhausted. Kelly and I go to bed at 9:00 everynight and I usually have a nap during the day rather than going for a walk.
I haven't been eating like a superstar, definatley indulging in the odd ice cream and other treats. Today I woke up, feeling disgusting and decided if I can't do any exercise (other than the walk to the car which always makes me sweat) that I can improve my eating. Of course when I opened the fridge there was a trifle, cake, ice cream cake and a giant bag of Jelly Belly's. I didn't eat any of the above. I had a yogurt and a piece of toast.
I've set my goal for next year. I am going to do another half marathon (I realized I hated the last one greatly) but it really helped me loose alot of my weight. So this year, my baby is due at the end of October so that gives me TEN months to prepare for my half marathon in August. This time I hope to improve my time by at least ten minutes. I have a time goal in my mind but i'm not QUITE ready to put it in words for everyone to see. I think taking ten minutes off (at least) is very do-able. I ran the last half marathon four months after my c-section, this time I have ten months to train.
I started this pregnancy bigger than I started the last one. I lost 34 of the 44 pounds I gained in my last pregnancy. I don't even look at the scale for this pregnancy. When they weigh me at the doctors I face the other way. I do not want to know, it wouldn't be good for my brain to know how huge I am.
I got a beautiful new pair of runners for my birthday, I'm going to save them for my training.

2 comments:

  1. Don't sweat it, momma. You look BEAUTIFUL. Before, during and after your baby. Making kids is a big business.

    Lots of love and hugs! I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope to see you next month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't seem to lose the last 10 pounds from my pregnancy either :S

    ReplyDelete