Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Suddenly everything went dark

Yesterday morning I experienced something I have never experienced before. I woke up at about 7:30 and was making my breakfast and waiting for the little guy I was babysitting to arrive. They arrived and his mom and I were just talking at the door. All of a sudden I started getting REALLY naseous. Then I started to lose my vision, it just kept getting darker and darker, I tried shaking my head to see if I could shake my vision back, but no. It got to the point where I couldn't see anything except for black. I was holding onto a wall (thankfully not holding any children or in a dangerous place...such as driving). I lost my vision for around 30 seconds then it started to come back. ONce it was back i was drenched with sweat and feeling very sick again.

I called my doctor, she wanted me to come in right away (seeing that i'm 18 weeks pregnant). I told her I didn't think I should drive, plus then I would have to find babysitting for two chidren. So my doctor said she would let it pass once but if it happened again I have to go to emergency right away. I was lightheaded all day (lightheadedness is very common in pregnancy...blackouts are not). and I had a migraine all night. So far this morning things are going well.

The doctor said it could have been a number of things that caused it, low blood pressure, not eating enough, sleeping in the wrong position etc. However she said if it did happen again I would need blood work because I could possibly be anemic. I'm sure hoping it doesn't happen again, it was scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment