Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Video Memories

I just finished watching all of the videos I've taken of Ethan since he was born. I tell you it brought a tear to my eye. He was so little and it was so neat watching him do all these amazing things for the first time. Ethan was really interested in watching too, we both sat and watched him grow into the little boy he is now. I can't even call him a baby anymore.

He has just started really talking. He has said "Mom" and "Dad" for quite sometime now, but he is conciously trying to say a few words and it is so fun when those words actaully come out correctly! He walked around chatting to himself "degood de-good de-good'. It never gets old to me, always makes me smile. Yesterday we were at Superstore and he said "HI" in a very understandable way, so understandable that a lady walking by at the time he said it, said "Hi" back. He dropped a few things on the ground yesterday, and everytime he does that I say "Uh-oh". So Ethan also said "Uh-Oh". It is so fun to watch them learn, and for those of you without kids it may seem like such a small thing, but to me it is everything.

While watching the videos of my little newborn is suddenly dawned on me that I get to do this again. I get to watch another little guy grow and expereience all of these firsts. Lots of people tell me that I won't take as many photos of the next one or fill in his baby book as diligently. I beg to differ, I'm the queen of the camera. I'm not sure facebook will have enough room for my photos, let alone my book shelf, which is quickly filling up with albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment