Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Place we currently live...

The time is 9:30. I am babysitting Nolan. All the windows are open because it is already a hot day. The birds are chirping, the kids are playing, everyone is a in a great mood. And then.... the lovely scent of marajuana comes billowing into our windows. This is daily occurance, but usually not this early in the morning. So I begin my storming around, slamming the windows, slamming the door, talking (or speaking extremely loudly) about how disgusting smoking pot, or ANYTHING really is. My rampage upsets Ethan. He is now crying. After about 10 minutes I try opening the windows and door again. This time, instead of marajuana, they have switched to cigarettes, and I can actually see the smoke coming onto their deck. Now I understand it is their deck they should be able to smoke on it. However, I have two children in here with me, not to mention I'm pregnant. I KNOW they have heard my rants, It just disgusts me ok! I don't really want to die of second hand smoke, and it really comes into our house. SICK.

Fast forward about 20 minutes. Attempting to talk on the phone, a train is roaring by. I am YELLING into the phone, while doing this I look out the window and there he is... the man who dumpster dives in our garbage. Again, I understand that many people are less fortunate than myself, i guess usually I am not seeing it daily, or living among it.

I take the kids on our daily trip to the mailbox to check the mail. The floors are covered in dog pee stains, the hallways reek of smoke. Everyday when I head out to the car, someone has put a rock into our main door to keep it open (rather than not being lazy and taking the keyout and unlocking the door). Everyday I take the rock out and shut the door. I really don't want any 'extra' people entering our building just because the door is open. Soon we are going to have people living in our lobby.

I secretly really want to call the police on the pot-smoking people (seeing that pot is illegal) but Kelly doesn't seem to think they will come, then i'd be nervous that they would know who called the police and may come up and hurt us. I would have to pull out my field hockey sticks to protect us.

So as you can see, 21 days can not come quick enough. I need to get outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment