Wednesday, August 4, 2010

BC - DAY 8 - Final Visits/Shopping/Campbell River

Ethan with his Grandma Teresa (Kelly's mom).


Grandma Teresa brough out all her toys, the kids had fun with the little pool, hose and little car.


Our two little eaters, devouring the grapes.... Ethan's mouth is completely full by the looks of it.



Ethan loved the swing, I have to admit I was just a little worried about the chains, I mean they are 27 years old and Ethan is by no means a lightweight!




Grandad put our old swing up in the yard (this swing was my baby swing when I was little). Super cute!

Today, oh Today. I am exhausted, more than normal. For some reason. Woke up around 7:30. There have been some forest fires over on the mainland and their smoke has ventured onto the island. The entire Comox Valley and Campbell River are in a complete cloud of smoke, at some points you could hardly see the sun, and yet it is still 30 degrees and SO muggy out.
Mom and I went and did some shopping this morning, purchased nothing but still looked around. I don't know why but I was incredibly grumpy the entire time.... (Prehaps the heat and the sleepiness). Anyways I wouldn't go into stores where we were the only ones in there cause I didn't feel like talking to the clerk. I went into one store, a clothing store, and the clerk wouldn't leave me alone. I wanted to just say to her "LOOK lady, if I needed your help I would ask". Anyways I didn't, but I grumbled around a little more. We went to one children's consignment store, very dissappointing. I guess i'm used to store that only take quality used clothes, but all of these clothes were junk and very worn and tattered, so again I grumbled out of there. Most of our shopping was for clothes, and well obvioulsy buying clothes for me at the moment is kind of silly. Dad watched Ethan.
Ethan and I headed over to Danika and Darren's for a quick visit and goodbye. Ethan played with the THREE dogs that were there. Loves animals, just hasn't mastered being 'gentle'. ON the way home from Danika's I saw a snake slithering across the road (Disgusting I know), anyways I thought excellent i'm going to Kill the yucky thing, but at the last minute I had some strange change of heart and scooted around him. I looked back in the mirror and he made it safely across the road. Gosh just thinking about it makes me all itchy. I should have just kill it, but maybe I wasn't as grumpy as I though and maybe I felt bad for the snake. I don't know, don't worry it won't happen again.When we got home we both had naps. SO tierd. While Ethan was still sleeping mom and I headed to Liquidation world to check it out. I found a pair of shoes, and when I took them to the till..... TWO dollars. What a deal... haha, we will see how long they last.
Off to CAmpbell River for Ethan and I. Went to my FAVORITE bubble tea place, made my order, they changed the recipe or something, it wasn't NEARLY as good as it was. I'm finding that with a lot of the things on this adventure. Somewhat dissappointing. Oh well perhaps this will get me off of Bubble teas. Save me some mula (or save Kelly some money)....
Went over to Brian and Andrea's, Ethan and Jorja played for half an hour then we hopped (well drove) over to Teresas, with Dinner in hand, for a BBQ. Teresa brough tons of toys out and the kids played. I was so tierd chasing Ethan around. It is definately nice to have another eye with you all the time. So by the time I was done eating, Ethan was most definately ready to go (and everyone eles could tell by the screams it was bedtime). Back in Courtenay now, i'm going to have a giant glass of water, pack and head to bed. We are off to Vancouver tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment