Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August is over ALREADY?

New Clock for the kitchen
A sneak peak at Ethan's Halloween costume ;)




Enjoying a ride on the fun swing!

My dad pushing Ethan and Lochlan. Granny and Grandad ordered Ethan and the new baby a new double bob, picked it up last week. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!




Ethan's worksho, which is set up in our bonus room upstairs. Ethan LOVES this thing!





Nolan, Ethan and Caleb at the always exciting Edmonton Zoo!

Wow, so I was just reminded that I haven't really updated my blog in quite sometime, so here is my recap of what was August, a super busy month for us!
I think the last time I updated I was still on my trip to Vancouver Island and just heading out for Vancouver. Well Vancouver was a bit of a gong show, Ethan for some reason wasn't himself, we were staying at the River Rock, and for all three nights he just wasn't sleeping. The first night up ALL night screaming. The entire family took turns (well no not Claire) but everyone eles, trying to calm him down, Grandad being the most successful out of the bunch. My cousin's wedding was amazing, so beautiful and Ethan actaully behaved enough that I got to enjoy the dinner and the speeches, then we headed back to the room.
Flight home, Oh where do I start, Ethan was SCREAMING the entire way, I was sweating, the fellow in front of me asked me to get Ethan to stop kicking his chair when he had a very empty seat beside him (and I didn't even after asking four different flight attendants for one). I wanted to scream....
Anyways home, quick few days to recover, Kelly came home, my parents arrived with my sister on the same day that Autumn and Lochlan arrived for a good visit. We had a very successful baby shower for Michelle and Atti, then puttered around for awhile.
The following weekend my sister came down for a soccer tournament, the weather wasn't great but it was nice to have some company at home.
For Kelly's days off this time, it feels like we haven't even had time to breath, now relaxing what-so-ever. We were in the market for furniture. We went to every possible (afforable) furniture store in Edmonton and found a couch, loveseat and sectional all from Leon's that we were happy with..... Well little did we know this would be the start of a HUGE two day process.
Kelly of course, being Kelly opted to take the couches home in his truck (even though they offer free delivery) anywys he saved 3% doing it himself. We brought one set home on Saturday, set it up, looked great. The next morning he left bright and early to pick up the sectional for upstairs. We finally get it home, and it's broken, the frame is broken, so Kelly and MIke (wonderful Mike who came over four times in total to help us with this mess) loaded it back into the car and headed back to Leons. They gave us a new one and back he came. Got it up the stairs, RIPPED and all the staples were coming out. GRRR.... so back in the truck, another trip (the place is an hour away), back home, new sectional. We looked over it while we were there, everything seemed good. Got it all set up, began relaxing, watching TV. I leaned over to turn on the light only to find that the inside of the frame was shattered....
So next day, loosing our mind, we insist that Leon's come and pick up the couch, they said they would for 50$. NO WAY... So i made Kelly call back and be MEAN, I gave him a good pep talk.... So they said they would come pick up the couch for free, OH but wait, not until SEPTEMBER 9th..... I don't think so.... SO back in the truck the couch went, got our money back.... Finally the ordeal is over....
LESSON: PLEASE don't buy the cheap crap from Leon's.... NOT WORTH THE HASSLE. Terrible Customer Service. Kelly asked them what they could do for the wasted two days he went through, NOTHING, they said they would give him a discount if we chose another item from them.... Yeah NOT going to happen....
Anyways we have now purchased a very nice couch from Ikea, which will be delivered on Saturday... $80 bucks for delivery is nothing if we don't need to do that again!














Ok that is my rant, probably could have been a blog post in itself but anyways. I will try to stay more on top of the blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment