Thursday, November 22, 2012

Fat Lip

We finally got to sleep in this morning. I love mornings where we really don't have any where to be. And the boys actually slept until 9. When we woke up we watched the 'Elf on the Shelf' movie. After the movie was over we heard the doorbell ring. What do you know Santa had delivered our very own 'Elf on the Shelf'. Ethan was VERY excited. Wyatt didn't really care too much. So we read the story and tried to think of a good name for our elf. Ethan first suggested 'Ferdinand' then quickly changed his mind to 'Hiro' because he didn't want Santa to get confused (As he wants Ferdinand for Christmas). So we have our little 'Hiro' sitting on the mantle. He is watching the boys very closely to make sure they are behaving perfectly all the time. Right now sometimes the only thing I can say to Ethan to get him to listen is 'Santa is watching....' so NOW he really is :)

The boys have been asking me to go to the thrift store for two days now so today I caved, they twisted my rubber arm and we went to the thrift store. Things were going well, we were finding the deals the boys each had their toys and were rolling them away. NExt thing you know i heard this huge thud and the LOUD Wyatt screams. Wyatt had done a head plant over his car and smashed his face. Blood was GUSHING out of him mouth and his lip was immediately fat. The 'manager' of the thrift store made us go back into her office and fill out an incident report. SERIOUSLY? An incident report for a fat lip??? I told her this wasn't his first and no doubt won't be his last, she then asked if I would be taking him to the hospital.... UMMMM no. So she suggested I put him in a cart next visit. I think she thought I would be going home right away with my 'injured' child (who had stopped crying) but instead I put him in the cart and kept shopping. He is FINE. In fact we even went to the thrift stop in Stony after, no fat lip will stop us from hitting up the thrift stores! And seriously I can't even begin to describe the amazing deals I found today, not to mention the BOGS i found yesterday at Value Village!!. Come on who buys new?? (And please don't all flock to the thrift stores now, thats my terrain and I will fight you for it)

Nap time now, the boys are very excited to write their letter to Santa when they wake up. It is home meet day for LIttle Peanut. We have over 40 orders coming today, this has been a record week for us! Very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment