Saturday, November 10, 2012

FIVE MINUTES' PEACE




Today is one of those days that you just want to stay cuddled up in bed, relax, sleep and wake up when you are ready. Unfortunately for me at 7:00 am I had little feet kicking me in the side over and over and over until i opened one eye to see Ethan staring back at me asking if he can watch a show. I can hear Wyatt in his crib jabbering away to himself. I roll over and hope that maybe Ethan didn't see me squint open my one eye, but of course he saw me, time to get up. I plunk them both in front of the TV and head back to bed. But of course today is a morning they choose to go downstairs, push the chairs against the counters and attempt to cut up a banana with a butter knife. SO I get up. 

I plunk them back in front of the TV so I can have a shower and get dressed. Half way through my very enjoyable hot shower I see the door open slowly and Wyatt walks in. He stands in front of the glass shower door and cries because he doesn't like it when I am in the shower (for some reason). Ahhhh so I get out. I just want to try to get dressed before I go downstairs to start the day. At this point Ethan has entered the bathroom and is now asking for goldfish and a drink. I told him that we will not be having goldfish for breakfast and this then leads to a mental breakdown on his part. Wyatt has just pooped and is crying that I am not getting dressed fast enough because it is 'Breakfast time'.  So I ignore everyone completely and get dressed.

I change Wyatt and get them both dressed and we head downstairs. The irritating whining continues. Ethan does not like that I have to take the peel off the mandarine orange (insert another mental breakdown here). I thought I would try doing the turtle trick with the mandarine (you know you roll up the corners of the green paper and roll it along the floor) but no one but me is impressed. The breakfast saga continues, the kids want certain milk and certain spoons and just when i'm about to snap I burn the flippin bagels. Ethan is angry that I am putting peanut butter on his bagel but I have to cover up the burned bagel somehow.

AHH the joys of having a husband that works away. I really don't know how all the single parents out there do it. IF any of you single parents are reading this I think you are simply amazing! It is times like these, when my head is about to explode because it is so full of the sounds of whining and cries, that I think about the 'FIVE MINUTES PEACE' book my mom used to read us. I know I have blogged about this before, and as I'm sure I said before I never really used to 'get' the book. I always thought of it as a great book about an elephant family. OH do I ever get it now. WHY is it so hard for them to understand that ALL i need is FIVE MINUTES to get dressed in peace, or pee in peace or five minutes for anything in peace.

It is now 9:40 and the kids morning snap-show seems to have diminished and they are now loading every single toy from the toy box into a huge pile on the floor. FRUSTRATING that they are making a huge mess but SO happy that it is quiet and they are playing nicely. I'm going to allow it lol.

SO completely unrelated but we have a SERIOUS fruit fly infestation. I can't figure out what they are living on (and before all you nay-sayers say anything about my compost, I will let you know taht it has been outside for three weeks). I've taken out the bottles, Kelly has tried the apple cider vinegar trick) NOthing seems to be working they are still here in swarms. Ideas anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment