Thursday, July 29, 2010

BC - Day 2 - Splash Park/Comox Lake/Gelato

A walk on the Comox Wharf after Gelato! Yum!!
I was going to crop my legs out, didn't go well.... both 25 weeks pregnant!

Comox Lake with the Glacier in the far distant background.


Snack time!



Playing in his new pool. Granny really spoils him.




Ethan spending some time with Chloe and Kit. They seem to get along well :)





Ethan in the Courtenay wadeing pool. Had so much fun splashing around in there! Not too much bruising from the events of yesterday, his one eye is shut just a slight bit more than the other.



Swinging in the swing, one of Ethan's favorite places to be :)









Well it was Day 2 here in Courtenay, another beautiful day. Ethan woke up between my mom and I bright and early. Around 7, all set to go. We planned to head over to Superstore and Canadian Tire. I of course had forgotten a few key items which I needed to get and Mom still wanted to buy Ethan a paddley pool. I had to call the airmiles centre before we did anything, well it turns out airmiles was 'experiencing higher than normal caller volume' so we didn't leave the house until 10. Anywho, we were successful, got a great little pool for Ethan and picked everything we needed up.




We went to the spray park first, Ethan wasn't too too interested in the water, it was really shooting out of the spouts, I think it could knock a child over, so we heading to the baby pool. He much prefered that and splashed around for probably half an hour before he was ready for a good snack.





We headed home for lunch and Ethan was exhausted so it was upstairs for a nap and I was off to the lake with the Cottini family. We stopped on the way at the Cumberland bakery (who make the most delicious doughnuts ever). Then off the the dock for some fun in the sun, it was 27 today and I am happy to announce that I am no longer as pale as a ghost. Infact, I got my first burn. Lex and I layedout on the air matress for awhile then took the boat over to check out a nice beach.




Once we got home it was time for dinner, my mom had Ethan out in the yard in his new pool. We made pasta for dinner, Ethan shoveled back more food that i've seen him eat in awhile. And what is a good dinner without dessert, so we took a quick to Comox for some gelato and a walk on the pier. It is just so beautiful here! But we miss you Kel, sorry you are stucking working in the land of the mosquito!




On a complete side note, my mom is having her downstairs bathroom completely re-done and it is the only bathroom with a shower, so tonight, for the first time since I can't even remember when I'm going to have a bath. Hopefully that bathroom is done soon. I don't like the sounds of this whole bath thing....







No comments:

Post a Comment