Sunday, July 11, 2010

Four more days....

We get our house in FOUR more days, I couldn't be more excited. And I know Kelly couldn't be more nervous (but excited at the same time). I'm supposed to be in bed right now but all I can think about it what we need to do first, what we need to buy, where everything is going to go. Last night Kelly, my mom and I sat down and discussed what some of the main priorities were for the house. Obviously we can't purchase everything all at once, we just don't have the money for that. So my mom made Kelly and I both, seperately write down what our top priorities were. We had some of the same ideas, although some were way off base.
Kelly and I both agree that a baby gate (or a few of them) is an essential. There are so many twist and turns and different stairs cases in our house that I still haven't decided how many gates we are actaully going to need. My mom and I are heading to Babies R Us tomorrow to check things out. Next purchase: Washer and Dryer. Of course we could have purchased a washer and dryer from the builder but that would have come at a price far more than what we are willing to spend on a washer and dryer. We went and checked a few out and found one we will most likely purchase. Finally our third and final priority for week one is blinds. I don't want to be living in a fish bowl.
So that takes care of Kelly's first pay cheque. Everything eles we will have to save for. The rest of the list included; Grass, deck, garage door opener, toddlers bed, couch set for the living room, a T.V. A new Suv. Of course those aren't as important so they have all been put on the back burner until some more money magically appears. I'm pretty sure that now that we have a new house it will be a never ending list of things we need. But it is exciting.
Kelly and I differ so much. I like to go out, find something that is priced right and just buy the darn thing. Kelly on the other hand prefers to shop around, price things out, take days and days and days to hum and haw about something and then go in the for the plunge. I tell ya it makes things difficult. I would rather buy something right away, have it, even if we pay fifty bucks more at least we have it, it is local, we haven't spent the day looking and searching for a 'better' deal. I would prefer to buy something in Spruce Grove rather than the city, then if there is a problem we don't need to drive into the city to complain etc. Nothing wrong with either of our methods but it sure doesn't help that we are both so stubborn haha! So far I think I have won the battle for the washer and dryer. I found a good deal on a good set from our local Sears outlet. Another issue Kelly sometimes has is finding the cheapest deal around, pruchasing it, and low-an-behold it breaks within a month. I think it is worth it to spend a little more money for something a little better quality.
I think this whole process will be an adventure. I am quite looking forward to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment