Friday, July 30, 2010

BC - DAY 3 - Coombs/Relaxing/Art/Ice Cream

Not too sure about the stuff on his hands
Creating a masterpiece. The finished product actaully turned out quite nice. We bought him a blank canvas and let him just go for it. He definately lost interested fairly quickly and was more interested in squirting paint than painting. Still fun!

Visiting with the Cottini's.


Can't go to Coombs without taking a picture in this old car. Although I definately think it could use a little maintenance. Perhaps a paint.



Strong man!




Ethan could have played with these rocks for hours!





There were no goats on the roof of the market so we got this picture in front of the weird statue things. And I think it says "Coombs" in the background.






The Cinnamon Raison bread I have been craving for so long.



I'm going to rewind to day 2 here for a minute. yesterday I mentioned that my mom was having her bathroom redone, the tilers were supposed to come yesterday and finish it off, didn't come, didn't come again today. So last night I had to have a bath. Now this was an adventure in itself. My mom's house is 100 years old, she has an old claw foot tub upstairs that takes about 45 minutes to fill, it trinkles in and when you finally think you have enough water and climb in, it lukewarm and there still isn't enough water. By then I was sick of waiting so I did my thing, washed, but I needed to wash my hair. How do you do that in a bath with no spout, just a little flow coming from a tiny hole? My solution, crumple into a ball on my kneee, put my head over my belly into the water. Incredibly uncomfortable and really impossible to get all the soap out of your hair when you are rinsing it in soap water :S. And well since it is the longer weekend and i'm sure the tilers will not come tomorrow, apprently i'm going to have to do it again....

This morning we woke up probably aroun 8, our plan was to leave at 9:30 for Coombs. We all got ready, and I think we were out the door at 9:41. Pretty good I think. I'm glad we decided to go to Coombs early, when we got there is was pretty busy but by the time we left it was a zoo! Tourists everywhere! I didn't buy much but got a loaf of the cinnamon bread i've been craving for months. Very excited about breakfast tomorrow. We looked around at the shops then had lunch. Headed home after a delicoius lunch.

Ethan slept in the car, when we got home we were exhauted, Ethan played in the paddle pool and with the kitchen for an hour or so, but he got super fussy and I was too tierd so we all took a nap at 3:00. When everyone was rejuvinated we had some more fun in the yard. Chloe popped Ethan's favorite ball so we had to walk over to the dollar store for a new one. We had a quick dinner then the plan was to go get Gelato with Alexis and Erica.

Alexis, Erica, Kim and I walked over to BOTH gelato stores and they were BOTH close. We were somewhat dissappointed, but that didn't detour us from having dessert, we just continued walking on to the DQ. Rootbeer float.... so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment