Saturday, July 31, 2010

BC - DAY 4 - Farmers Market/Miracle Beach/Fluid

More playing, this hole was a big hit!
ME and my boy! Ethan loved the beach, he was so tuckered out by the end of the day.

Beautiful Ladies: Alexis, Danika, me and Linds.


Ethan and Jorja digging a big hole with Grandma Teresa.



Ethan and Granny waving at the tubers going by. There has been a steady stream of tubers since I got here. I don't think i'm going to risk it this year.




Cousin Jorja giving Ethan a lovely piece of seaweed.





At the Courtenay Farmers Market. Ethan was playing in the dirt, was filthy by the time we left.

This morning started bright and early. I heard some movement in the crib, so i popped my glasses on and looked over, and there was my little boy standing with his blanket pointing at me. I guess that means it is time to get up. I'm not too sure what happened to the 10 o'clock wake ups that he does in Alberta, must be cause it isn't his real crib. So we got up, i enjoyed two butter soaked pieces of my cinnamon bread. Best thing i've ever eaten (well not ever but so delicoius).
We headed over to wake up Alexis at around 8:50. For some reason Ethan has a phobia of the Cottini house, he was happy as can be until we entered the gate, then he just started screaming, and he did the same thing last night. I can't figure it out. Anyways, we gathered Alexis and Erica and headed off to the farmers market. Lex did very well, lots of produce, and meat. Erica got a crepe, which sounded good but ended up being less than satisfactory. I just got a muffin and a gingerbread cookie. NOt awesome but not terrible. We listened to a few songs from the band then headed out. It was already getting super hot.
Mom and I headed over to Superstore and got some photos developed. I spent a good hour on the phone with Airmiles when we got back, switching Kelly's flight from next weekend over to a flight for Claire (just a heads up, if you are booking with airmiles buy the insurance).
We planned to meet Brian, Andrea and Jorja at Miracle Beach at 1:30. I crammed some food in Ethan for lunch, stopped for a quick bubble tea on the way and headed out. It was so beautiful at Miracle Beach. Kelly's mom and the boys made it as well. We had a great time just splashing and digging around. We didn't leave until 4:30!
Didn't have any dinner, cause I had plans to go to Fluid, and i usually get this awesome cheese dish there. Alexis, Kim and I met Lindsay and Danika at Fluid at 8:00. We ordered our cheese plate, and must say we were somewhat dissappointed, they seemed to have done something different, didn't taste near as good. But of course I had to eat it, don't want it to go to waste.
We sat on the deck, now i'm not sure but I thought the new law was that you can't smoke on the restaurant patios anymore. There were three people smoking, we questioned the waitress and she claimed it was legal. I'm not so sure, it really bothered me.
Anyways now i'm home, exhausted and ready for bed. Excited for tomorrow, just talked to Kelly, it sounds like he is being very productive at home, getting lots done.

No comments:

Post a Comment