Sunday, June 5, 2011

Landscaping






















Ethan 'helping'





Kind of grumpy!





VERY happy!!











Kelly has been looming around lately, waiting for the sod to come. He was so bored he was really getting on my nerves so yesterday morning I sent him out to get our tree. He came home with a very nice tree and some not-so-nice shrubs. We both wanted the tree in a different place and had a very heated argument on the front step. Neighbors were outside probably thinking that we are the crazy neighbors who don't get along. Anyways in the end I just told Kelly to plant it wherever he wants because we were wasting time arguing. The kids were both napping and our rule (well my rule) is that on the week that Kelly is home I am NEVER to be left home alone with both kids unless they are sleeping.

So Kelly planted the tree in his spot and it looks great! I wasn't happy with the shrubs he picked, so this morning we got up early and headed to the nursey. What was supposed to be a quick trip ended up taking a few hours, but we came home with some really nice shrubs. When we got home we put the kids to bed and quickly got to work, we realized that we didn't have enough plants so I suggested Kelly run to Home Depot to pick up a few of theirs. We both thought about it and decided it was better if I went so if he picked something that I didn't like he wouldn't have to take it back.

So off I went to Home Depot. I found a few really nice shrubs and got some ROSES and PEONIES! My favorite. I pakced up the car and decided if we were going to do this we might as well do it all. I walked to to the bricks and started loading them into the cart. At this point the rain has starting coming down. I was getting soaked putting the bricks into the cart. AFter I put 70 bricks in I realized that I couldn't even push the dang cart. I had to go and get a flatbed cart. I took all the bricks out off the cart and transfered them to the other cart. I was soaked and sweating, I went and paid. Then had to transfer them all the van. Seriously if you want to get fit just go work in the brick department at Home Depot!

Anyways we hung out outside all afternoon watching Kelly plant. We both really like the finished product! I will take some photos once the sod comes and it is all complete!!


The best part of the whole day happened this evening. Kelly was giving Wyatt a bath and Wyatt had a AFR (Accidental Fecal Release)(Aka a big poop) in the bath and on Kelly! He was hooting and hollaring from upstairs, I immediately grabbed the camera and ran upstairs. Of course I was in such a hurry to get up there I fell down the stairs and REALLY injured myself (to the point of ALMOST tears). Anyways it was completely hilarious, Kelly was freaking out, HA I took a picture but I thought I would spare you the grossness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment