Wednesday, March 23, 2011

An Update

Check out my gums!
'hmmm... how does this whole potty thing work?'

The ONLY one of the three of us


Big eyes Wyatt!

Playing hard with this trains... I spy Wyatt on the floor in the background :)

Well it has been a long 10 days, my parents and my sister are in Mexico enjoying the beautiful sun, hot temperatures, delicious drinks and the beach while we shovel our driveways, put on our mitts and toques here in Alberta. I didn't really think my parents and sister being in Mexico would really affect me (well besides the whole jealousy thing) but I have realized how much I MISS them. I usually talk to my mom about four times a day on the phone, I call her all the time for no particular reason and if she isn't home I usually call my sister, if she isn't home I call my Dad at work. Ethan also really loves to call them. We usually do a daily skype date with both of them as well. Tonight Ethan sat himself down on the chair in front of the computer and said "Gran", so I told him she was in Mexico so he said "Aunty Claire", I again told him she was also in Mexico, so he picked up the phone and said "GranGrad". He finally settled for watching some Sesame Street. Anyways I'm missing them!

So lets see, an update on our little family.

Fabian
Well he is back to his old tricks. He now weighs almost 12 pounds (up fron 7.5 pounds during his bad teeth days a couple months ago). I'd say he eats four tins of food a day. This is a lot, but i'd rather feed him that listen to him meow and run under my feet almost tripping me. He is still very picky, I bought him the "Special Kitty" (Superstore)brand in attempts to save some money, he refused to eat it, the only way I could make him eat it was to lock him in the bathroom all day. SO we have gone back to the more expensive brand. For some reason the lack of teeth means he can't eat well, there is wet food all over the floor. Since he eats so much food I find the best tactic for cleaning is to wait until it drys then vaccuum it up (gross I know). Anyways so Fabian has recovered and is doing well.

Wyatt
Wyatt is like a whole new baby and a VERY Happy Baby. He is very awake and alert all day! He is happy wherever he is put, I can put him on the ground with toys and he will just roll around and make noises, he will sit in the Bumbo, he will sit in the bouncy chair. His favorite is the jumparoo, he is a jumper. Wyatt's favorite time of day is when we are changing his diaper or getting him dressed. HE giggles like crazy, is is absoletly adorable! His sleeping has also improved tremedously. This afternoon both of the boys slept and I got a good hour nap! I put Wyatt to sleep at 7pm and he usually goes until around 5:30am and then I usually have to wake him at 8:30am so that is fantastic. Wyatt is also so much in love with his brother. He is always craning his neck to watch Ethan play!

Ethan
Ethan has had a tough week. He had a fever two nights in a row and was always putting his hands on his ears. He has been having major crying spells (usually after nap until bed time). He just walks around crying and crying (and I have yet to make him happy, I do try though). He walks around crying, then says 'HUG", so I give him a hug, then he crys again, then "HUG". It is pretty cute, anyways so I took him to the doctor just to see if he had an ear infection, he was hysterical at the doctors office, people must have looked at me like "Control your child" (like I used to do before I had children)..... Anyways the doctor said his ears were red but nothing toooo concerning. Ethan, of course stopped crying immediately after the doctor left and then said "Buh-Bye" to everyone in the waiting room. So I have been watching him and I think he is jealous of Wyatt, he doesn't like me to pick Wyatt up and when I do he wants to be picked up as well, when i'm feeding Wyatt he gets upset. So i'm hoping that I can spend some one on one time with Ethan while Kelly and Claire are here. We had Mom's Morning Out this morning, I put Ethan's indoor shoes on and gave him his waterbottle and he just took off to the daycare, didn't wait for me or anything, I went in there and he was just sitting on the carpet playing with a car. This is a major change from two months ago when he would scream and cling to my leg when I tried to leave. So i'm pretty impressed with my little guy! I am pretty excited, we just got tickets for "Sesame Street Live" at Rexall Place. The pictures look amazing, I think Ethan is going to LOVE it. His whole face just lights up when he sees any of the 'Monsters' as he calls them from Sesame Street. I can't believe how verbal Ethan is getting, it is quite fun going places with him, in the car or grocery shopping Ethan points out everything he sees, he says things I didn't even know he knew! I wish I could just videotape all of our adventures!

Anyways that is all, there are a million things on TV tonight that I need to get watching!










No comments:

Post a Comment