Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rhonda the Honda

Rhonda the Honda
The kids in the new van!

This is Ethan's cupboard, he hoards everything he owns into it.

Wyatt...

Hanging out on the couch with my little guys!

Hmmm... I wonder where Wyatt gets his rosie cheeks from. They aren't always like this, but they are especially red in this photo.


Ethan in his new booster seat at the table. It is really nice having everyone at the table! We had to get the booster seat because Wyatt will move into the highchair shortly!



Ethan won't even go near the highchair anymore, he must sit in his booster seat. He loves it!

Today Kelly made my day, we have been looking for a vehicle for quite sometime now, I hadn't made my mind up as to whether I wanted a minivan or an extended SUV. I was actually completely against the minivan option until we went and looked at one on Saturday. SO much room and so family friendly. We just looked at the van on Saturday then came home to think about it. On Monday morning Kelly found a Pathfinder for the same price as the van we had just looked at. I weighed my two options and decided that the minivan was the way to go! SO happy with my decision. As much as I LOVE the pathfinder it just didn't work for us, the carseats can't fit in the back row, nor is the back row very comfortable for adults, and if the back row is up there is no trunk room. Not to mention that I had a tough time lifting my double Bob into the trunk of my parents Pathfinder over Christmas. The Van however, I can put carseats in both the middle and the back row, and adults can sit comfortably in the back row. My stroller will fit perfectly with the back seats up.

Kelly has to leave this afternoon, so he basically walked into the Honda dealership, found an employee, said to them "I want to buy that Van, for this price and I need to do it before 2 this afternoon". They were awesome (well I wasn't there, I was dealing with the kids). But what I do know is that they did absolutely everything for us and we were out of there by 1:30.

I was robbed of my nap this afternoon (Ethan slept in the car) but Kelly watched the kids while I went and installed the carseats. I left the back row up (it seats THREE). The middle row is a bench that seats three but the middle of the bench comes out to make two bucket seats. So I took the middle seat out of the second row and had my two bucket seats for the carseats. You can push one of the bucket seat over so it is right beside the other (this make it easier to get into the back row). So I did that and put the carseats in! LOVE it!

After Kelly left we took the van out for a spin. It was awesome, zooms up the hill like nothing, I was able to put all of my groceries in the back trunk area, I don't need to climb up onto anything to put the kids in their seats and best of all is the DOORS OPEN all by themselves!!

Of course I tried the cupholder in the frontseats. Fits a steeped tea just perfectly :)
It has been incredbly cold here lately, minus 42 last night with the windchill. I just spent the last hour outside shovelling the driveway and making room for Rhonda in the garage, unfortuntaley Molly the Mazda won't start for me because she hasn't been plugged in, so I will have to wait until tomorrow to put Rhonda in the garage.

On a completely unrelated note, I would like to wish Wyatt a very happy 4 month birthday. There isn't a 29th of February this year so we are just pretending that today is the day! Can't believe it has already been four months!

2 comments:

  1. YEY Les!! Welcome to the wonderful world of minivans :) I love mine SO much and would go crazy on a daily basis without it. You've got me thinking that I need to think of a name for it though.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great you got something you love Les, and it sounds just what you need, those moving middle row transforming bucket seats sound awesome! Happy 4 month Wyatt! ps. Les you look FABULOUSO!

    ReplyDelete