Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chloe


My parents called last night to tell us that Chloe wasn't doing well. She hadn't eaten in four days. My parents were due to fly out here today, they had arranged a petsitter. My dad took Chloe to the vet this morning and the decision was to have Chloe put down. They weren't going to tell us until they got here, but of course I always need to know what is going on, so I called and they told me. Chloe dog was part of the family, I was pretty upset. I tried to hold it together with my mom on the phone but I had a moment when I hung up.

I remember we got Chloe when I was in grade 10. My dad came and picked me up from a grade 10 dance in the VW rabbit and a little puppy jumped out! Chloe was adroable and very playful. She was a very good companion, she would come and curl up in my bed with me when I was home alone and would always protect me from all the bad guys.(She wasn't a small dog, she took up most of the bed and she snored... not to mention her terrible breath...but she never left me side and I think we were both equally happy to be sleeping beside each other) :). Even when I moved away everytime I came home, there was Chloe, wagging her tail at the door and very excited to see me. Unconditional love! She always remembered me and was so good with the kids!

Thanks for all the love Chloe, we will miss your excitement, we will miss your huge tail wag (That was powerful enough to knock little Ethan over), we will miss your bark (sort of), we will miss your cuddles and Ethan will miss seeing you on Skype!

Rest in Peace Chloe Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment