Monday, April 11, 2011

Consignment

It has been SO long, I apologize (for all of you who seem to get ticked when I don't write) :). It has been SO busy! Lets start on Friday! Friday we head out for the airport, 'Grandpa' (Kelly's dad) was flying in at 5:20 and Kelly was flying in at 8:30. So we picked up Greg and headed to Ikea for a cheap and yummy dinner, we still had time to kill so we went to Costco for Groceries, right when we were checking out Wyatt started screaming and didn't stop until we were in the parkade of the airport when I started feeding him. Thankfully Kelly's flight was on time because I had a migraine. I scooted into the airport and grabbed a tea. On the way back to the van I dropped the darn tea. I was livid. We stopped in Devon on the way home.
Saturday was a BIG day. Virginia and I were in the swap meet at the Tri Leisure Centre. It is the biggest children's swap meet in all of Alberta. We were up at 6:30 and headed in to set up. We sold quite a bit of stuff. Virginia ended up making $600 and I made $200. I of course was impatient and had already sold my big ticket items on Kijiji. So after all was said and done (kijiji and the Swap meet) I made probably 500! So i'm happy with that.
THe past two days have been spent working. Virginia and I have started an online consignment buisness. We spend so much money on clothes online that we decided it was time to start one of our own. (Look for us on facebook 'littlepeanut consignment'. So the past two days have been spent going through and taking pictures of all of our clothes and posting them. SO far it has been very exciting, we have already sold quite a few things!!
I will now get into my big rant:
We had planned to have Ethan's birthday party at the library in town. I booked it probably a month ago (or more). On the day of the swap meet Kelly mentioned that they had called to say that they were infact closed on the day the party was booked. I was SO angry, perhaps checking the calendar when I booked was something they should have done. So I trotted up to the computer and emailed all the guests to say that the party was infact going to be at our house (which I wasn't looking forward too, it would be very cramped). ANyways today the manager of the library called and told me that infact they WERE open and that the party was still a go. SERIOUSLY, get it straight guys. I thought they may have offered me some kind of discount but no, so I headed back to the comptuer to annoy my guests with another email to change the location BACK to the library. ARggg....

Anyways it is Ethan's birthday tomorrow so I"m making cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment