Friday, February 25, 2011

Immunizations

Wow! Is it Friday already? This week has gone by so quickly... which is a good thing, seeing that Kelly worked a few days overtime. We head off to the airport this evening to pick up "Daddy".

I went to sleep early last night for the first time in well EVER, I cleaned my sheets, climbed into bed at 11:18 (that is early for me). I slept until 4 and what do you know... MIGRAINE. Seriously, the one time I try to pack in some extra sleep. Not to mention that fact that since Wyatt has been sick he has been getting up one or two times a night, but so far I put him to sleep at 7:30, it is now 4:30am and he still hasn't woken up. This tells me that the medicine is working, but still, tonight of all nights, the night I decide to try to get extra sleep...Wyatt sleeps all night... and I wake up with a migraine.

I had strategically planned Wyatt's four month immunizations for yesterday, Kelly was supposed to take him to get his shots and I was going to take Ethan to his 'Tickles, Tumbles and Tunes' class. so since Kelly was still working I, once again was up for the immunizations. I scheduled them for 9:30 and Ethan's class started at 9:45. They were in the same building so I figured we were going to make it. I wasn't sure how Ethan was going to do while Wyatt was getting his shots though. For the most party Ethan was ok, the nurse gave him a bell to play with, but for some reason every single door in the world is a lever door, Ethan is outta here, has the door open and is running down the hall. WE ended up having to put a chair in front of the door and I had to sit in (or he would just simply move the chair).

Wyatt was a superstar for his shots, cried for less than a minute, he then slept all afternoon! Wyatt has grown alot, he weighs 14.11 lbs and is 65 cm long. He has levelled off for his weight and is in the 50th percentile, but his length has moved him into the 75th percentile! I think this will even out though because I find it highly unlikely that Kelly and I will have a 'tall' baby!

We made it to Ethan's class 15 minutes late, but it wasn't too big of a deal. Ethan was not really himself, he was kind of in a zone, wandering around playin, but silent and when it came to carpet time he kind of just sat and stared (Even after they sang his favorite song). It wasn't until 'snack' time that Ethan really came alive....figures.

After class we did Tim Hortons, and I should have gotten gas (seeing that it went up by alot of overnight), but I didn't. Ethan slept for three hours and Wyatt did the same. I got so much done! Made cookies, folded a mountain of laundry (now I just have to put it away, the worst part). We are heading into the city today, I have a few places to go before we head out to the airport to pick up Kelly. I'm going to get out the new Carter's store, I need to stop at Toys R Us and find a Booster seat for Ethan and then off to Ikea for dinner.

I started feeding Ethan solid foods on his four month birthday, he was so very ready to eat, Wyatt is four months in three days, he is NOT ready for solid foods, which is sad because I am so ready to get the process started. Anyways this is why I need to get Ethan a booster seat, because when Wyatt does start eating, Ethan is going to be kicked out of his highchair. We have a great chair that hooks on the table, but Ethan has far passed the weight restriction for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment