Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Doctors







Well it has been a very eventful week to say the least. On Monday I had another scare with Wyatt, he cough for about five minutes straight, then puked about 4 cups of fluid up, then his arms all the way up to his elbows went blue and stayed blue for 15 minutes. I was just so scared and I didn't know what to do, everyone was telling me to take him to the Children's Hospital in the city. I didn't really know what to do, it was such a big job to find someone to watch Ethan and Wyatt was laying on the ground with blue arms smiling away. After the blueness went away and I had clamed down a little I decided I would just wait and hopefully get into my doctor the following day.



I got up and just kept redialing my doctor until I got through, they got me an appointment in the morning, so I was very happy with that. I had ethan scheduled for the daycare at the Tri and the appointment gave me just enough time to have a workout and make it there on time. I needed that workout so much. Helped me 'de-stress' a little. I dropped Ethan off at Virginia's and Wyatt and I headed off to the doctor. It was so busy so we had to wait a little while. Finally I hear a knock on the office door, and who enters? My doctors RESIDENT, I wanted to SCREAM.... I didn't want to talk to a RESIDENT, I wanted to talk to MY doctor. It turns out the resident was very nice, she did her check and then went and discussed with my doctor. My doctor came in and completely answered all of my questions. She said that the blue arms and feet are fairly common in babies and it isn't something I really need to worry about. She said to watch for his lips and stomach, if they turn blue, then I need to worry. His cough, she explained to me that babies haven't developed their sinuses and so for them to cough like they do is also excepted when they are sick. Wyatt has had his cough for quite sometime and I have seen my doctor about it three times. She told me that since he has been sick for such a long period of time and ith his cough as bad as it is she gave me some antibiotics. Different antibiotics than he was on for his pnemonia because she didn't want him to grow and immunity to it. We have only been doing it for a day and already I can see a differnence. So I feel happy that someone took the time to explain everything that was going on and understand why I was so frightened about everything. My doctor was a little shocked that the emerency doctor didn't explain anything to me and brushed me off.



Last night we had a 'girls night out'. I was so looking forward to getting out without kids (well Wyatt came with me but he slept the entire time). Richard so nicely took care of Ethan. It was so nice to chat with everyone, i'm really hoping we can try to make this a monthly event, even thought I know it is tough with everyones schedules.



This morning we had our "Mom's Morning Out" class. Honestly today it was kind of a waste of time, it was a 'sharing session' which really meant just talk. SO that is what we did, but really I do it for Ethan, He LOVES the daycare. I've never seen Ethan so outgoing and happy. Today he didn't cry for a second when I dropped him off. He just ran in, at the end of classs they bring all the kids to us, Ethan went around and hugged every single person. With each hug he says 'awwwwww'. So freaking adorable!



I had a headcahe coming on around 4:30, I realized that I hadn't had a tea yet today, this kind of says to me that I may be addicted. But come on, What a great time to be addicted to Tim Horton's Steeped Tea... it is ROLL UP THE RIM time! I've already won a free drink. Anyways that was our outting this afternoon. I just gave both the kids baths and they are off to bed! Time to Relax!And I really need to clean the house. Virginia came for lunch today and I was embarrased with how messy my house was!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so glad the doctor finally gave Wyatt something and also just gave you the time to talk. What a relief that must be.
    Love ya!
    ps. and girls nights out are such a de-stresser.

    ReplyDelete