Saturday, February 19, 2011

Just Plain Cold

I bought Wyatt a new exersaucer, just to see if he would like it (seeing that the bouncy chair, playmat, bumbo and baby bjorn make him cry). So far so good, he will play in here for a good 15 minutes before he loses his cool!


The jacket, a cute new find from the new used children's store in town.

Zoom Zoom!

Wyatt having fun!


Flapping freezing... temperature before the windchill



While I was on the phone Ethan appeared with his boots on, apparently all set to head out. Sorry Ethan you might be a little chilly in this attire!


Just too cute!


Laughing with a big mouthful of food!




'Plate Face'


Wyatt in his 6 month jammies. We pulled out all of Ethan's 6 months clothes today! He sure is growing up fast!


Saturday is over already, the week is zooming by! We have had our ups and downs. On Thursday we went to Ethan's first class of 'Tickles, Tumbles and Tunes'. I have to say it was the best $15 I have ever spent. It is four classes long, they have a snack, sing lots of songs and have tons of different toys to play with! I quickly signed up for the next 'Moving to the Music' class. Ethan doesn't usually sit for circle time, but they started singing his favorite name song and he stayed and sang, laughed and clapped the entire time.

Thursday evening we went for a run, Wyatt and I had run 5km and I had stopped to do some pushups, Wyatt decided he wasn't too happy with that and just started SCREAMING. I tried running again, wouldn't stop, so out of the consideration of the other runners I decided that I'd better call it a night. Completely angry that my one hour of 'me' time had been cut short I strolled downstairs to get Ethan (20 minutes early). I peeked in and he was eating (and since I didn't want to have to feed hime when we got home I just let him keep eating). I went and fed Wyatt. So we finally are heading to the truck, it is FREEZING outside, load everyone up. Wyatt starts screaming and Ethan is whining about something. I had to get gas (which is convienently in the same building as Tim Horton's). So I got gas, Wyatt was screaming so loud in the car I felt like everyone was looking at me, Ethan was also hollaring away in there. I didn't have gloves and the gas pump wasn't working so well, it wouldn't stay down, so it took extra long to get the gas. Kids crying, I needed my tea, the screaming was getting to me and my eyes were welling up, by the time I got to the guy at the drive-thru window I know he knew I was upset (he could hear my kids).When we got home I realized that i had left the gas flap open and the cap just hanging out...wooops.

These are the times I really just wish my Mom and Dad lived right next door, or better yet just lived right in our house. One big happy family. I have found a beautiful house in Courtenay that I would love to buy. I can honestly say that it wasn't until I had kids of my own that I really truely appreciated my parents. I knew having two kids would be tough and I knew having two kids and being alone for extended periods of time would be tough, and usually I have everything until control, just every now and then things boil over and I realize how much having my parents around would just make such a difference. We talk to them everyday on skype (which actaully always helps calm Ethan down... if I say 'lets go call Granny'). But Mom and Dad I miss you.

Anyways,I never drink my teas until I get home because they are usually too hot, anyways finally get home and get the kids unpacked, take my first sip of my 'steeped tea'... Yah it was COFFEE... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?...BARF. Most people would just take it back, but I wasn't about to packed the kids back up to take a $1.50 coffee back and rage (although let me tell you I really wanted to... I did consider calling). You need to understand how much I looked forward to just sitting down, relaxing and drinking my tea before bed. So I was pretty miffed.

Anyways so I made the decision that we would be having an INSIDE day on Friday. I canceled my run in the morning so we could just hangout and have no where to be. We woke up on Friday morning (both of my wonderful children slept in until 9:30 and both slept all night)... THANK YOU THANK YOU. We had a really wonderful morning, the kids were great and we had lots of fun, Wyatt even went down for two naps! We had a birthday party to go to in the afternoon, unfortunately the little guy who's birthday it was, was sick. Anyways Friday was a really great day, I'm so glad we decided to stay home, the kids really needed a 'down' day. We played with playdoh, did some crafts, I took Ethan to the basement with his 'ladybug' pusher and he zoomed around, Wyatt practiced rolling over, we actaully ate a good and healthy meal (not just a throw together meal). It was just what we needed. I have realized that perhaps just doing 'ONE' thing a day is the ticket, get up and go out in the morning, then have the rest of the afternoon to just relax. The only problem with this is that I don't get to run. So I'm going to attempt to lug our $20 elliptical trainer upstairs in front of the TV.
We got up this morning and it was minus a billion outside. We were off to the Perc to meet Maureen and Nolan, We were the only ones there for 45 minutes, then probably 20 kids
came in and we decided that was our que to leave. We had a great lunch at the multicultural centre, then came home. Ethan had an extra long nap, and just as I was putting Wyatt down for his nap around 4, I could hear Ethan stirring and waking up. I was invited to a friends for a movie night tonight, I really would have loved to have gone, but honestly just the thought of having to gear all the kids up and take them in the cold just sounded so exhausting, so I will try the girls night again when Kelly is home!

No comments:

Post a Comment