Monday, February 7, 2011

High Stress Doctors Appointment

I know i've already written a blog today, but man I need to get this out.
I got up at 8:30 this morning to make an appointment to see the doctors about Wyatt's cough. After not sleeping at all last night, I called right at 8:30, it was busy. Next thing I knew it was 8:47 and all I could here was the busy signal that had obvioulsy been going for the past 27 minutes. Anyways they managed to get us in this afternoon. Great!
SO off to the doctors we went. I went a little early to go and get a perscription filled for my mouth (Major dental problems... entirely different story). I didn't bring the stroller because Ethan is not interested in sitting in the stroller and it is more of a hassle trying to keep him in it than just sitting with me.
We waited for HALF and hour in the waiting room. It was brutal, I was sweating, thankfully Wyatt just slept the entire time. Ethan was screaming, kicking, making noises, taking his boots and socks off, kicking some more, mostly just throwing a trantrum because I wouldn't let him run around. They used to have a corner with toys but for some reason they have been moved.
We finally get put in a room. I get Wyatt out and get him ready to be checked, while i'm doing this Ethan is going throw all of the drawers and throwing my credit card into the garbage (after getting into my wallet). Now I understand that waiting is very tough for a 2 year old, he was as patient as he could be and this was his breaking point (not to mention it was nap time). I had done all I could do to entertain him, we sang songs, read some books, gave him some tickles, he was bored of me. I turned my head and saw him rooting through the garbage can (at the doctors office, that is sick). So I put Wyatt in his carseat to stop Ethan (because telling him clearly wasn't working). Ethan made a mad dash across the room and hit Wyatt's chair. It tipped over, but I managed to catch Wyatt just in time.
SO the doctor comes in, Ethan is busy yelling/screaming while I am chatting with the doctor, he is gowing through all of the drawers again. Finally he finds my wallet and I just let him have it, he was quiet for once. SO the doctor checked Wyatt over. She said since he has a history with pnemonia that I should take him in for X-rays. She said I could wait a couple days to see if it coninuted.
I look over at Ethan (since it was a little too quiet in the room). Ethan was putting all of my cards through a little slot in the examination table. The doctor and I had to take the entire thing apart to get them back.
So we head on out. I was in such a flustered state that once we were back on the road I realized that I completely forgot to pick up my perscription on the way out. Ethan fell asleep in a matter of minutes on the way home, and I managed to do the transfer into the crib! PHEW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment