Tuesday, January 25, 2011

5 Minutes' Peace


Anyone ever read this book? We had it when we were younger and I always thought it was a good book and fun to read! I guess I never really got it. Perhaps my mom read us this book to try to make us understand that Mom's are human too, they need breaks.
Today I need FIVE MINUTES' PEACE, that's not ture, five minutes just isn't long enough. I need a week, a week of NO children, no crying, no whining, no runny noses, no meals to cook so that they don't get eaten, no putting boots on, no doing up carseats, no nursing, no throw up on my fresh clean shirt, no messy house, no never-ending screaming, no diapers, no POOP. What I want is to just not be a parent for awhile.
Kelly has chosen to work a few days overtime, which is great for the bank but just more days for me to be a single mother. I love my kids but I AM SICK of them. Ethan gets so bored of seeing me, i'm sure he wishes that when he got up in the morning it was Dad coming to get him not me, or Granny or anyone other than me. He was so good when Claire was here! Wyatt, a very adorable child. A good eater and a wonderful sleeper, what is there to complain about??? Well let me tell you, You can't put him down, literally, the second you put him on a)the bouncy chair b) the swing c)on the playmat he screams...not just cries.... SCREAMS. SO I have to carry him. I very nicely reminded him this morning that he does have an older brother who also wants mom's attention. He didn't seem to care too much. SO I must say that Ethan and I have become very acustomed to crying in the background. I know some people don't agree with the cry it out technique, but I challenge them to come and live in my house with my kids (and the cat) for 10 days on our own. Good luck! By the time I get the kids to bed at night, I look around my house, see dinner still sitting on the table, toys everywhere, half folded laundry sitting on the chair, a driveway that needs to be shovelled, but all I can and want to do it sit in front of the TV. I stay up until 2am just to have some time to myself. Wyatt also doesn't nap, only sleeps in the carseat during the day, so leaving the house is a must. I am just so lucky he will actaully fall asleep at night.
So anyways I'm dreaming of dropping my kids and Fabian off at my parents house and leaving on a jetplane to a beautiful, adult only, resort somewhere on the ocean. I would keep the location a secret, that way there is no way of the kids following ;). That being said I can't go on vacation right now, the thought of even trying a bathing suit on at the moment makes me ill.
I've been putting Ethan in the daycare at the Tri for an hour every day so I can go for a run. He usually cries for five minutes then settles in and plays. This morning we went to the tri to go to the playgym. The second we got in the door he started crying because he thought we were headed to the daycare.... I have put BOTH kids in the daycare for an hour this evening so I can go to a bootcamp. The ladies who run the daycare always ask everyone "Do you want us to come and get you if they are crying". I always give them the same response..."Absoluetly not".
I've also created a monster in Ethan. He is OBSESSED with Timbits. We can't even drive by Tim Hortons without him saying 'Timbit'. All of my gift cards to Tim HOrton's ran out, so I went to Starbucks yesterday (since I had a gift card there). I bought Ethan a mini scone. He had a mental breakdown, he pushed it away, started crying and yelling TIMBIT.
It is a BEAUTIFUL sunny day out today, and super warm! It ALMOST feels like spring, but I know the colder weather will return, the roads will be ice rinks and the snow will continue to fall. We have a very full week!
PS Anyone want to discuss the Bachelor with me? Does anyone thing that Michelle girl is a hire actress and just there to stir things up? I really like Chantal but she seemed kind of crybabyish last night...
PPS I would also like to add, it may seem that I complain ALOT about my children on my blog and some may question whether I actaully enjoy being a mother. I LOVE being a mother, I love my children and I love spending all my time with them. I am so thankful I am able to be a stay-at-home mom. I love watching my children grow, watching their development and happen to think that I have the two most adorable and wonderful children in the world. My blog is kind of the place where all of my frusterations end up. I could probably go on and on, and I usually write my blogs or status at the peak of my frusterations and everything usually calms down right after. For example. I just put my screaming Wyatt in his crib because I decided dishes needed to be done. I listened to him scream for half an hour, I almost felt like my head was going to blow off, but it is now COMPLETELY silent in my house, both the kids are asleep... So please don't judge me and think that i'm a terrible mother because my children drive me mental. Even in my peak of frusterations, one of them will do something so adorably cute that you just have to stop and smile and realize that this stage is only temporary, they are only little once....

1 comment:

  1. At one point, I felt guilty for writing my blog, because I felt like I was the only parent out there that acknowledged that parenting is HARD.

    Like, I really love Ronan, but sometimes I want to sell him on eBay, ya know?

    This shit don't get easier. It gets different - different kinda hard. And you are doing an AMAZING job, in every way possible. I love that you write about it, get it out, share it around, because we all feel that way. It's honest, and it's real... and our lovely friends that don't have kids yet - they will appreciate knowing the reality of your words.

    Hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs. I wish I lived closer and could give you a rescue. I wish I could take you out for Tim Hortons, and a movie. I wish I could sit the boys and give you a few hours to yourself. I know it isn't easy, and you are handling it like a champ, even when you're not.

    Keep it up, mama. You are loved by so many, and we are all here for you, if only to listen to you talk. I hope none of this comes off as preachy, because I just wanted you to know that I love and adore you, and support you always. <3

    ReplyDelete