Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Vehicles = High Stress and Grumpiness

I haven't been the best with photos this week, so here is the little man (with a big tummy) goofing around in the chair. I've been taking lots of videos but for some reason they won't upload to my blog.


So with the winter season here, I have been unable to get out of my driveway at some points, I slide all over the road, nothing fits in our car and quite frankly I just don't feel safe driving itwith two little kids in the back. Kelly was finally convinced we needed a new car so the hunt has begun. I must say with this hunt has brought fights, crankiness and everything eles in between.

Molly the Mazda has served us well, we had no clue when we bought her that she would eventually turn into our family wagon, she is a good car, just not practical for our growing family.

This is our dilemna, I would really like an extended SUV (The Pathfinder or Acadia). They are both just a little pricy for us at the moment (although I did find a really good deal on a Pathfinder and I can tell Kelly likes it too because he is trying to figure out a way to make it possible) SO I am still holding out hope for that option.

So since the extended SUV isn't an option at the moment I suggested a small SUV with all-wheel drive or 4x4. I have found a few that I really like, Kelly's problem with this option is that I would like to have three kids eventually and he would then have to purchase another vehicle because there would no longer be room in our small SUV.

Kelly thinks that a Minivan would serve our family well. I DISAGREE. I dislike minivans with a passion. Kelly has done a darn good job of convincing me that they are actaully quite wonderful, they are very cheap (meaning we would be able to pay for it completely and work on paying down other debt), they are very spacious and very safe. But COME on they are DANG UGLY. I cringe everytime i picture myself driving one. My argument against the minivan, they are not all wheel drive and I may not even be able to get up my road in one of them and my other argument against them, again NOT AN ATTRACTIVE vehicle. Now there are some that are better than others, of course they are the ones that are far more expensive and if we were going to slurge and spend more money I want my SUV.

So this is the problem, we don't know what to do, now Kelly is gone, the forecast calls for SNOW SNOW SNOW and I will NOT be trapped in the house for the entire week, but at the same time driving Molly with questionable tires and two adorable kids scares me a little.

1 comment:

  1. O that is quite the dilemma! Bad timing snow! what are the smaller suv's you are looking at?Love ya!

    ReplyDelete