Friday, January 28, 2011

Airport Pickup




We have had a really great two days. The kids have been really well behaved (well for the most part, I did have one moment of craziness... please read on). Yesterday I got up super early, we were watching Caleb for a few hours. So he was dropped off at 7:15.... I think my kids just felt his presense because they both work up. Caleb brought his favorite movie 'Cars' over, so I popped that in the DVD player. Caleb sat on the couch with his eyes glued to the TV. It was actaully quite hilarious, everytime Ethan would stand in his way Caleb would move his whole head to see around him. I actaully found myself getting caught up in the movie. I have seen it before but it was awhile ago. It is actaully quite good! Ethan watched for a few minutes then played for awhile. I just left if on in the background (and for me to watch) and the kids just played and watched. I tell you, it was easy!
We went to a baby shower at Angele's house after, to meet her new baby Serenity. There were lots of kids there (all boys, except for the little babies). Ethan had a hoot and it was nice to chit chat with everyone. Wyatt slept the entire time!
We went to OUAC yesterday afternoon, it was a jackpot day there, I found SO many things for half price. I stocked up on clothes, they are already inexpensive there, but yesterday was just plain wonderful!
I was supposed to go to the gym last night but I had a headache, I probably still should have gone because my headache was gone by 5:30 but by then it was a lot of work. We just hung out for awhile (here comes the 'crazy' story). Ethan was frusterated with me for seom reason. Possibly because I was sitting with Wyatt and he was jealous, anyways so here it goes....
Ethan was doing EVERY possible thing he isn't allowed to do (and he knows it). He threw a book at Wyatt, hit is head, Ethan laughed, He threw toys at the cat, he was standing on the furniture, he was standing on the table, he was shaking the blinds, pretty much just WAITING for me to SNAP, (he really likes my reactions when he does things he isn't supposed to to, he laughs and laughs). So I was trying to be calm, my final straw was when I was just sitting on the floor with Wyatt in my lap, we were working on something so my hands were preoccupied, Ethan came and started dripping his waterbottle on my head, I reached my boiling point, I turned around, took the lid off his cup and dumped it on his head. Ethan looked at me SHOCKED, was silent for about a minute then started crying.... I felt bad, and as my dad put it "real mature Leslie". That being said he stopped dripping the stupid water bottle on my head.
Anyways after that we were meeting Virginia and the kids at the Tri so they could play at the playgym. Ethan thought we were going for daycare so he had a bit of a foot stomping tantrum, after i calmed him down he played very well. He really impressed me (and scared me) he was climbing this crazy bar thing to get to the slide, freaked me out, I thought he was going to fall through and smack his teeth out, but he made it everytime!! What a talented little fellow.
This morning we got up and headed back to the tri so I could workout. Ethan was very upset that this time I was actaully leaving him at the daycare. He was screaming and looking at me with these really sad eyes, it broke my heart to leave him but I reminded myself that this is good for both of us, it gives us both a break from each other, and exercise calms me down. So I left him, at the end of my workout I came and watched him and he was pushing a mini baby stroller around happily. Usually he is excited to see me when I walk in, this time he just looked and me and kept playing, so hopefully this will get easier.
We came home for lunch, Ethan's appetite has returned and he ate a ton! He is sleeping, and so is Wyatt, ideally I should be cleaning but i'm not...again.... We are off to see Aunty Michelle this afternoon, Ikea for dinner (i'm sure everywhere eles will be crazy, and Ikea is cheap) then off to the airport to get DAD!!!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH LESLIE YOU ARE HILARIOUS! I can JUST see you dumping the water on his head!!!!! and I can also just hear your dad saying "Real Mature Leslie!" HHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHHAHA

    ReplyDelete