Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ethan loves Dad

Wyatt relaxing with Dad.
Ethan's new haircut.

So I'm a softy, Ethan plays with this pushy thing EVERY time we go to Ikea, Ethan saw it on the shelf and I couldn't say no.


Wyatt



Wyatt making a rude gesture to the camera.




Ethan loves cookies!!


The aftermath of the cookie eating.



Making a second batch of cookies.




Woops, left them in just 20 minutes too long.

Didn't want to show his face after burning the cookies.....

Well as I suspected Kelly's plane was late on Friday night but an entire hour. We of course didn't know that when we got there so we were at the airport for probably two hours. But it wasn't too bad, and when Dad finally arrived Ethan was the happiest little boy.
Ever since their reunion at the airport I have been quickly forgotten and Dad is the hero of the house. Ethan won't do ANYTHING unless Dad is doing it with him... Baths, teeth, bed, coat etc. Which is fine by me, less work for me but i'm just a little worried about the transition when Kelly leaves again. Oh well I guess we will see how it goes.
We had a very quiet day yesterday, we only left the house once, we went and got Ethan's hair cut. His hair was getting pretty shaggy so it was time for a cut. I sat in the truck with Wyatt and sent Kelly and Ethan in. Next thing I knew I looked up and saw them walking back to the door. Ethan was crying (he hates seeing Ethan cry). I jumped out of the truck, plunked Ethan on the chair, Kelly sat with him and he had his hair cut. He cried the entire time, Kelly was embarassed I could tell. He gave the lady an 8 dollar tip on a 12 dollar haircut. As far as I'm concerned, that is there job, there were a few children waiting behind us. Deal with the crying.... I guess people without children don't like screaming kids. Ethan's hair isn't as short as I would have liked it but is good enough for awhile. Ethan stopped crying as soon as we walked out the door, the lady gave him a lollipop and he was happy. The lolipop freaked me out a little, Ethan has never had one before so he didn't know how to eat it, there was slobber everwhere, I was worried he was going to choke on it. But he was quiet so...
Ethan slept for hours yesterday, so did Wyatt. We just had a relaxing evening in fron to fthe TV, made some cookies and pretty much went to bed at like 9:30.
This morning we were up and out the door for Nolan's Cookie Monster Themed birthday. Ethan had a great time, Maureen did such a great job. Ethan is zonked right out, Wyatt is spending some time with Kelly, I just heard him destroy his diaper and Kelly shot up to change him before the breach. I am sitting here laughing to myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment