Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Scary Fall

I was carrying Wyatt and was headed downstairs, I slipped on the top stair and Wyatt and I went tumbling down the entire flight of stairs. We landed with a thud at the bottom. I managed to hold onto Wyatt the entire time but I know he was hurt, I landed on his leg a few times during the fall and his little arms his the railings, I know he didn't his head (Thankfully). We both started screaming at the bottom, I was shaking and crying and so scared I had just hurt my little guy. I was hurting badly but I just sat there and held Wyatt and cried. Wyatt's crying stopped after he let out a massive burp, then looked at me and smiled. So PHEW my precious little boy is ok, myself however, am going to have bruises all over my leg and the heel of my foot has gone numb. Ethan was very consouling, he brought me a nursing pad to help the pain :)
That is all, I tried calling Claire, Kelly, Mom and Dad when I was crying but of course no one was there, i've clamed down a little, thank goodness Kelly comes home today.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is so scary!!! Stairs are dangerous when you can't see down them because you're carrying a precious one! I hope you are okay! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah Les that is so scary! I'm so glad neither you or Wyatt were hurt! Hopefully the nursing pad did the trick - good thinking Ethan! - but if it didn't, make sure you ice it and rest up! Too bad you couldn't have a glass of wine, as I know from personal experience that that ALWAYS cures pains!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Les... that's awful. I seriously got tears in my eyes reading that and imaging it!! I'm so so sorry, and glad you are both okay. Hugs hugs hugs. I hope you forget it sooner than later, and don't keep living it over and over. :(

    ReplyDelete