Saturday, January 22, 2011

New Chair!







Yesterday was an awesome, great, yummy, fun, little bit boring, frusterating, SNOW,awesome,annoying, yucky, exhausting, feeling very sick kind of a day.

Let me expand. We woke up a little bit late to make our appointments at 9. BOth of the boys had doctors appointments. We managed to squeak in on time, but we didn't get our Tim Horton's on the way (Just an FYI... i'm addicted to steeped tea). So Wyatt was checked first, it was just a usual check up, everything looks great. He is 13.6 pounds and healthy. Ethan on the other hand is a bit of a mess. He woke up with his eyes completely glued shut, a runny nose that doesn't stop and a little bit groggy. According to the doctor the goobers in his eyes are ACTAULLY snot from his nose! Grosss....... Anyways he can't even open his eyes completely, poor guy, but it is not an infection. He also has another ear infection. So we got some antibiotics for that.

After the doctors we rolled through the Tim Horton's Drive through. I got Ethan a cookie and he was ticked he didn't get a 'Timbit'. He said 'Timbit' for the next hour. We went to this AMAZING store called "One Man's Treasure'. It is just a giant warehouse of antiques. It is just so neat. I would really like to go one day without any children. I had to carry Ethan the entire time, and he is not really light. Anyways I ended up buying a picture frame and a coat hanger thing for our front hall. I also bought Ethan a 'tickle me cookie monster'.

Next we were off to the Grand Opening of the cupcake store. Virginia and the kids met us there. Ethan hardly ate a thing. Caleb however was COVERED in chocolate. It was hilarious. AND they have highchairs there now, which is great. I got a coconut lime cupcake. It was very yummy, but I felt a little sick after, possibly too much icing.

We went home for lunch. Caleb and Ava came for a visit. After an hour or so it was clearly nap time for everyone, so Ethan went to bed, Wyatt took a teeeeeny tiny nap and I Claire and I did nothing. We were waiting for this fellow to come and fix our furnace. He FINALLY came (we had to call him and say that we were sick of waiting around). He got things done pretty quickly. Our furnace was leaking water. He told me that it had all been put together wrong so he had to go back and re-do everything.

The second the furnace guy left, we put the kids in the car and we were off to Home Sense. There was an accident on the way, just the smallest, dumbest little accident but the stupid police officer decided to block an entire lane of traffic off so it took about 45 minutes to get to Home Sense instead of 15.Thankfully Ethan was in a good mood, there were busses all around us so he was entertained.

We got to the first Home Sense and they didn't have the chair I wanted or anything that Claire wanted. So we had to head to the South, which was crappy, but it had to be done. So we step outside and my gosh it is a blizzard. SO we drive to the South side, my chair is THERE. I asked Kelly about the chair last night. I thought forsure he would just say "NO" and that would be the end of it. I was careful how I worded things when I asked him. I said "Kelly do we have an extra $300 right now?". Much to my surpise the first words out of his mouth weren't NO, they were "what for?'. "Well what does it look like". So we have a new chair. We jammed it into Claire's car, along with a cute dresser Claire bought. By this time it was really snowing, it was 7:30 and we hadn't had dinner. We stopped by one restaurant on the way home but of course it was Friday night and JAMMED. SO we just made the decision to go home.

What a drive. I went about 60km/h the entire way home. One thing I must say, there are some TERRIBLE drivers out there. It was REALLY snowing, the roads were starting to get pretty covered in snow. I'm snailling along going 60 and these retarded CARS go whizzing by me. Seriously, I'm in a big truck and this 1983 Tempo zooms by going the speed of light. HEY Moron, it is snowing. Those are the cards I'm scared of, they are the people that are going to cause an accident. We saw a few cars in the ditch. When I looked in my rear-view mirror all the trucks and SUVs were going a smart slow speed, then these idiots just rush by. I made up my mind and decided that if one of these losers speeding was in an accident and I saw it, I would just keep driving. I mean it is their own freaking fault. Is that mean? I don't want anyone to get hurt but my gosh stop driving like a fool.

Anywyas so we finally made it home, I was starving, we pulled into the driveway. By this time it was like 8:15 and I didn't know what i was going to make for dinner that would be quick, so we decided to go out. We went for vietnamese food. Ethan did not TOUCH his food. HOnest he didn't eat a thing. Claire's was a big plate of MUSH and mine was just too big for me. but we ate, came home and put the kids to bed.

I had like a 45 minute HOT shower, i'm sick, which is crappy. I went right to bed. I didn't have a headache, my head just felt heavy, I was hot but I was FREEZING and I have a terribly sore throat. I fed the baby, took some drugs and went to sleep. It might be an inside kind of day today. I think both Ethan and I need to just relax for a day and not leave the house. We have been carting Ethan around everywhere, not really giving him time to sleep properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment