Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Food Strike Continues

Well Ethan is STILL not eating... well not eating anything nutritious. He eats waffles for breakfast (he will also eat oatmeal). For lunch he has french fry SMILES and dinner, well tonight he had a yogurt. He is just not eating food that he used to love. I made a lasgnua for him, his favorite. Wouldn't eat any of it, tried spaghetti, not one bite. I'm not sure what the deal is! I've heard from friends that this has happened to them, their children just stop eating things they used to love. So i'm hoping this is just a phase. I bought some hasbrown patties and chicken nuggets tonight just to see if either of them would work. Ethan just played in the ketchup and I finally caved and gave him a yogurt so he wouldn't starve. He won't touch vegetables, LOVES crackers, all bread products. He iwll eat the odd banana, but let me tell you this isn't the Ethan I know! So I'll just have to see how this plays out. I know right now he isn't feeling his best. Tonigth he sat with me for half an hour. This is unheard of for Ethan, he does not cuddle. His nose is also running and I keep hearing him on the monitor waking up. Perhaps he is just sick.

It finally warmed up today, almost got above zero. I actaully really don't want it to get warm yet, this will just melt the snow, and once it freezes again it will just be an ice rink. We have moved into driving the truck. So far so good, except two days ago when we turned the truck on it started making a helicopter type noise and hasn't stopped since. can't be a good sign. Molly the Mazda is safely tucked away in the garage until someone snaps her up off Kijiji, although so far no one has called....

Aunty Claire comes tomorrow, I can't wait. She is bringing Charlie (the cat). Hopefully Charlie can knock some sense in to Fabian and teach him how to eat! Their last encounter didn't go well, Fabian ended up with a claw wound on his neck.

Sunday was weigh in day and the scale was FINALLY on my side. Three pounds down. It isn't much but i'm just happy the number is going down not up. I've been running lots, doing lots of TRX workouts and eating really well so hopefully I can keep the scale going down. I was getting very frusterated for awhile. I'm planning on doing a 10km in May or June and then my next half marathon on the 21st of August. TOday while I was running the feeling of "OH MY GOSH WHY THE HECK AM I DOING THIS" came back to me, that is how I felt probably about 4km into the half marathon and it continued until the end. I am determined to have an awesome time this time round so even if I feel like crap i'm going to plow through and be HAPPY at the end of it.

Well i've watched two episodes of 'Chef vs City' and i'm just starting 'Top Chef'.

No comments:

Post a Comment