Monday, March 1, 2010

Operation Lose Weight

Today is the day, MARCH 1st, the day my diet begins! Yes I know I say this all the time but this time forsure. I've done it before and I'm going to do it again. Right before I got pregnant with Ethan I had lost 20 pounds by eating properly (VERY STRICT) and exercising daily. Well since Ethan was born I've been trying to figure out a system to make this work. The Edmonton weather, Kelly being away and eating on the run has made my weight loss take a small hiatas. Now i'm not making excuses it has just taken me awhile to adjust to my new lifestyle of not being able to go to the gym whenever I want for as long as I want. Now that Kelly is home for two months going to school so I think I can do this!

My Goal is to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight: 125 pounds. That means I need to lose 15 pounds, perferably in a month and a half (only because well a: I'm going home for Easter and b: everyone says it takes about a year to lose your pregnancy weight). So since i've done this before this should be easy right? Well I am happy to report that on Day 1 of "Operation Lose Weight" I have already been for two runs and will hopefully be going to the gym shortly.

The weather is cooperating with me and I should be able to run outside (because running circles around the indoor track makes me slightly ill). I"m keeping a journal, I will be eating 1500 calories a day of healthy and nutritious foods, drinking 8 glasses of water per day (which is so much harder than I thought). I have got my marathon training schedule out again, I think running is the best way for me to lose weight. I do not intend on running the half marathon at the end of training. That proved to be miserable last time! I think i'm more of a recreational runner.

So here I go, I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment