Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Till Debt do us Part

Kelly's favorite show on the TV. 'Til Debt Do us Part'. This lady goes into a couples home and helps them break out of debt using the 'jar system'. The jar system is just as its name suggest, numerous jars for different aspects of life (ie Entertainment, gifts, groceries etc). Kelly waits and waits and waits for this show to come on, and I have now just discovered that on weekends they have a marathon of the darn show. Kelly even bought the darn book. So Kelly has been asking me for months to try out this jar system and I have always bamboozled him saying that it will never work for me... things come up and I need to have the money for all emergency purchases! Well today I went online and checked my mastercard balance. YIKES! While they all legitimate and smart purchases I'm still a little worried about Kelly's reaction..... Don't get me wrong it is not a huge astronmical amount but I assure you it is enough to get that vien on Kelly's forehead to pop out!

So today instead of heading to Chapters to buy a photo album and then heading to Once Upon a Child to see what is new, I have regretfully have made the choice to stay home and clean the entire house (in attempts to butter Kelly up and put him in a good mood). So far I've vaccuumed, washed the dishes, sent a few emails and am now writing this blog. I'd say things are going well. One thing I have in my favour is the sun! No one can be mad when it is sunny right?

Luckily tonight I'm going to work (yes that is right i'm heading out to work a shift at the gym, to really bring home the bacon). He can't say I'm not trying! So far I've done one day of babysitting (which went incredibly well and we are excited to do it again) and one shift at the gym, tonight will be my second. If I could find a way to bring home some more money I definately would.

1 comment:

  1. I guess what i'm trying to say is... Perhaps it is time to try the 'jar System' :)

    ReplyDelete