Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Another Day, Another Doctors Appointment

Gosh, I hardly even remember waking up this morning. Oh yes that is right, Ethan woke himself up coughing this morning at 6:30. I gave him a few minutes to recover and then he headed back to sleep. The poor little guy, he had been coughing all night. When he finally woke up for good he was very congested. So I decided that 'Duck' wasn't the best idea this morning. Instead, I took him into the shower with me at home (In hopes to try to get rid of some of his congestion). So he just sat on the shower bench, he actaully really enjoyed it.
We had two doctors appointments this afternoon. Ethan's 18 month appointment and my 37 week appointment. They did Ethan first, he was extremely unhappy.... Ethan weights a wopping 27.4 pounds. She didn't give me that in percentile but I thought that was pretty normal. Ethan was definately out of his ordinary and extremely agitated... she checked his ears and told me he had a pretty bad ear infection which was probably the cause of the pain. Aside from the ear infection she said he was great, he had reached (and surpassed) all fo the 18 month milestones that they look for. I asked her about the cough, she said there wasn't too much that we could do about it and it would probably go away on its own.
Up next, me! 37 weeks, Apparently im measuring 39 weeks, just another reminder of how incredibly huge I really am. She told me to stop eating sugar (Sugar is what makes the babies bigger). So I opted to not tell her about the delicious Tim Hortons Apple Fritter I had just consumed. She gave me my papers, which I am to cart around with me in the off chance that I do go into labour. The little guy is stil breech.
So Ethan and I headed to the pharmacy to get his antibiotics, while we were there I picked up some more baby tylenol and some baby vicks. I ahve heard that if you put baby vicks on their feet it really helps. SO I thought it was worth a try. We were supposed to go to the park with some friends but Ethan fell asleep on the way home, he was so asleep that I was even able to carry him right to his crib, STILL sleeping!
I attempted to feed him dinner but he was just screaming, I think he was in a lot of pain because it was a cry that I had never heard before. I gave him some tylenol and put him in his jammies (with the Vicks on his feet).
It was girls night out tonight, we were heading to "The Melting Pot'. A fondue place in Edmonton, talk about delicious. I decided to give my best effort at dressing up so I put on a jean skirt, well bad idea, it was so freaking tight and uncomfortable. Anyways dinner was incredible. Again we won't mention the chocolate fondue dessert to the doctor. But I swear this is the last of the sweets for me.
Back home now, Ethan isn't coughing but he is in pain, his ears. He keeps waking up and crying out a couple times then goes back to bed. We will see what kind of night is in store for us. I have PVR'd Survivor so that is my next task :)

1 comment:

  1. Poor Ethan :( I hope he gets some relief soon. I hope baby vicks helps! I hate that there is nothing we can do.

    I can't WAIT to hear news of baby boy! SO EXCITED for you!

    ReplyDelete