Friday, October 22, 2010

One Week

In One week Kelly, Ethan and I will be adding one more little man to our clan. I am excited, nervous, anxious and about a million other things. I'm mostly prepared but still have a few things I need to get done before the little guy arrives. It has been a whirlwind since Kelly got home, we have been spending money like it is nobody's business, which I know is stressing Kelly out just a little.
Ethan and I were eating bread crumbs and beans on the last day before Kelly got home so the grocery shop on Wendesday was massive, it was a little dissappointing as usually Superstore has a 'free' product if you spend $250 but it would seem that this was the one week that they didn't have anything.
Yesterday we made our way to Ikea and bought a bed frame and mattress. We are having lots of company in the next few months and decided that sticking them on a blow up mattress in the bonus room wasn't sufficient anymore. So we bought the Malm bed and one of the Ikea mattresses. We set it up in the basement and I am doing my best to make it look like an actual room as opposed to a basement. So far so good. We stopped at Home Sense on the way home from Ikea and picked up a mirror for above the mantle. Right now we just have it sitting up there, we have 10 days to decide whether or not we like it. It is growing on me.
This morning I met Michelle and Cohan at the mall. I bought Kelly his birthday present, I was up bright and early, i've made an appointment for an estimate on the rest of the blinds. I figure I don't need to living in a fishbowl while i'm trying to manage two boys.... (three if you include Kelly).I have made an appointment for a fellow to come in and install our garage door opener. This will be ultra helpful when it is -30 outside, don't need to scrape the car or drag groceries in from the cold driveway!
I have made my appointment for my 'pre-op'. This is next Thursday, she said I just have to come in and do some blood work, check out the baby etc. That will be an exciting day as my parents arrive and I can't wait for them to get here!
This morning I also prepared the baby's room for Kelly to paint, so he is in there right now painting away... I went to Babies R Us to buy a new baby monitor (mine is terrible) but of course they were out of the one I wanted. Other than that, not too much to prepare, I've got my bag mostly packed, I don't need to purchase any more clothes for the baby, we have diapers and everything eles we need. Now we just need a name......
Still taking suggestions :) we are running out of time....

1 comment:

  1. Boy names I love and was seriously considering:

    Porter, Jude, Brant, Tyce, Griffin...

    Feel free to use any of them! I have about 20 more, if you want :D

    I'm SO EXCITED for you!!! I can't wait to meet this little boy!

    I will be thinking about you every day! <3

    ReplyDelete