Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Quick Trip to the Hospital

Another eventful day in the Rogers household. Yesterday Ethan and I were watching Nolan for the day, so Brydie, Sabriel, Virginia and Caleb came over for a playdate. It was a little crazy and loud in the house, but I'm confident the kids had fun and at least we had some 'adult' chit chat. I made cookie, probbaly ate a cagillion of them so decided i'd better send everyone home with some.
After lunch (well just before lunch) Aunty Michelle and Cohan made their first trip out to Spruce Grove. I was interested in how Ethan was going to respond to the baby and I must say, QUITE impressed. Ethan just stood and looked at little baby Cohan in his carseat, pointed and said "Baby", then went back to his toys. So that made me feel great and confident that Ethan is going to be a super big brother. Gentle or not it was nap time for Ethan and Nolan. They both fell asleep instantly so I got to give Cohan a good hold before it was time for them to leave.
When the boys woke up it was almost time for Maureen to come pick up Nolan, She came (with delicious slurpees I might add) and we had a good visit. Virginia and Caleb came back over and we headed out to the park to give the kids a run. It was SO windy out but a beautiful sunny day otherwise.
At about 3:30 I had another 'gush' of fluids, the doctor had told me to go to the hospital if this happened again, the hospital is 30 minutes away so I gave them a jingle, they said to just leave it for awhile and see if it continued. Well it didn't continue so I just continued on, but then I started feeling some contractions (Which they also said to come in for). So I decided that after I made Ethan dinner and gave him a bath I would go in and just get checked. I felt silly (Because everything felt fine) but I guess I didn't want to take the chance.
So I took Ethan in his jammies over to spend some time with Caleb and Richard. Ethan just went to sleep and Virginia offered to come with me. So off to the hospital. When I got there they set me all up, told me again, that it wasn't amniotic fluid but I was having some fairly constant contractions. They hooked me up to an IV in attemts to slow them. We ended up being there until 12:30. They checked me twice, didn't think I was on the verge of labour, the contractions slowed and the baby was as active as ever. He seems quite content in there. So they sent us home, I was told to 'Take it easy" today (It isn't too easy to take it easy with Ethan around). Today (Saturday) was supposed to be my 'Shopping" day so I figure Kelly called into the hospital to let them know that 'Take it Easy" doesn't include shopping ;) Anyways I have to go back in tomorrow again to have a 'Non-stress Test'. Which is basically just a test where they hook me up and monitor me for a few hours. Make sure baby is ok and make sure the contractions have stopped. They must have cringed when they saw Virginia and I walk in there (Two overly pregnant women). Super thankful to have here there.
So get home, put Ethan to bed, the house is in shambles but my priority was to have a shower. I fell asleep instantly telling myself I would clean when I woke up. Well I woke up with a FREAKING headache. Oh great, today is going to be a disaster. Ethan woke up as cute as ever, I felt like crap. Headache, still a few contractions. Wasn't sure how I was going to make it through the day. At about 11 I packed Ethan up into the car and we went to Superstore. For no real reason, but just to get out of the house. We bought some fruit and I decided on the way home to try out my new 'getting rid of my migraine technique". A Tea and Apple fritter from Tim Hortons :). We came home, had lunch. I put Ethan to sleep at 12:45 (it is currently 3:55 and he is still sleeping). SO I had a two hour nap, i'm feeling much better. Not sure if it was the doughnut or the tea or the nap. But I think I will continue to use this headache relief system.
I'm going to head to the park across the street to give Ethan a run when he wakes up, Have some dinner and then I will get to all the cleaning I have been putting off. My phones are off, I still have remnants of a headache, so I apologize if anyone has called I just am not totally into the phone right now! I assure you I will get back to you as soon as I can (as mentioned on the answering machine) :)
Will keep you updated on the 'Non-Stress Test' tomorrow! Although it was a long night at the hospital, in a very uncomfortable and ugly hospital gown and I had to get a NEEDLE, I felt good I went inthere, No sense it taking any chances. ON the plus side, while at the hospital I decided on the name of our new baby. (a name Kelly has been suggesting and I keep shutting down). I've decided I like it, but I won't tell anyone the name, just wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment