Sunday, September 5, 2010

A great, relaxing day!

Enjoying the sun, the wind, friends and the sandbox!
Picking Virginia and Richards flowers :)

Caleb and Ethan playing in the sandbox. Ethan sat and dug for like an hour. Seems we need a sandbox.


Playing with Iggle Piggle. He has never watched the show but he LOVES this creepy dude. This was yesterday when we were trapped inside all day. Ethan insisted on wearing his crocs. Had a mental breakdown when I tried to take them off him (Since they are hard to walk in)



Our little handsome man.




Ethan having breakfast, homemade applesause, doing a great job using a spoon. Usually very messy when Ethan feeds himself.

Today was wonderful, it was so relaxing and fun! I was determined to get Ethan out of the house today, after his very long day yesterday so after breakfast we packed up and headed over to the Tri playground for a good run around. It was a perfect time, there was hardly anyone there and Ethan just ran around like a crazy man! He went from one swing to the other wanting to be pushed, up and down all of the obstacles. He was less than pleased when I said it was time to go.
We headed over to Home Depot to look at paint colors. While I was looking Ethan was saying "Hi" to everyone while waving his paint stick. I'm not thinking about doing too much painting but I would like to do both of the boys rooms (and when I say 'I', I clearly mean Kelly). We headed back home for lunch. I made a delicious grilled Cheese sandwich, used up the rest of the yummiest cheese, and Ethan was really not interested in lunch at all. So nap time.
I got Ethan down quickly, and I always feel back when I sleep while Ethan is sleeping because there are so many things I could be doing, but for some reason I was exhausted so I had a VERY good two hour nap today with Ethan.
Feeling refreshed, Ethan and I went to Superstore and bought some 3% milk. Yesterday I realized that I had bought an entire jug of 'Buttermilk' accidently. Ethan did not enjoy the taste of it. Woooops. Then we headed over to see Caleb. Ethan and Caleb had a hoot in Caleb's sandbox. We stayed for dinner and Ethan wolfed back almost an entire piece of post and two helpings of apple crisp. We really don't have a picky eater on our hands. I wonder what the next one will be like?
Yesterday I wrote out my list of Christmas gifts I'm going to have to buy, I love buying Christmas gifts, but i know it usually gets fairly expensive. This is the first year we won't be heading back to the island for Christmas. I am actaully really excited about starting our own family traditions. Cutting down a tree, handing out stockings in our own house and unlike the Westcoast, there is a great chance of having snow for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment