Tuesday, September 7, 2010

We went Shopping...!

After his bath, in his jammies waiting for Daddy to come. Currently talking on the phone to no one, but we always pretend it is Granny.
Making sure he got all of the toys out.

Emptying out the entire box in a matter of seconds.


So today we headed into the city to visit Michelle. I didn't bring a stroller, and terrible mom alert, no food for Ethan. We had planned to do a little shopping (of course I had no intention on buying anything....). Anyways we decided we better do lunch first, so we went to this wonderful restaurant called 'Cora's'. It is always SO busy so we figured it might be a good day. It was still jammed packed but the food looked delicious. Since it was so busy everything was a little slow, which doesn't always work well with Ethan. He had a major screaming meltdown. All the waitresses tried to sooth him, bringing Balloons, banana's etc. Finally, he though the bananas made him happy and calmed down. There was a little girl that was there just as we were getting there who was having a hysterical crying fit, both Michelle and I looked at her like 'Oh my gosh". and I remember thinking 'thankfully Ethan doesn't do that'. Well as soon as I thought it, off he goes, crying hysterically, then got himself in such a tiff that he smashed his mouth on the table, which lead to more crying. Anyways after the crying stopped he stuffed his face with lots of fruit and two pieces of french toast. Delicious.
First stop on our shopping journey was the Super Walmart. I needed baby clothes hangers, I had run out. So mission accomplished. Next stop, Home Sense. I bought nothing but Michelle bought a very cute little photo album. We stopped in at Winners because I had seen a snowsuit I liked there at a different Winners. They didn't have it. Darn. So we hit up Once Upon a Child. I bought Ethan some snowboots. They were BRAND new and perfect. On our shopping tour we spotted a new bubble tea shop so we thought we'd better try it out before heading home. I quite enjoyed mine!
Ethan slept the entire way home, there was a cement truck blocking my driving way, so pretending like I didn't care I parked up the road (but really it quite pissed me off). I had to trek all the way down the road with bags and Ethan. Ethan went back to bed for THREE more hours. I again had another two hour nap. I'm not quite sure I can function any longer without an afternoon nap.
We had a yummy dinner. Ethan ate all of his vegetables, I don't think i've ever seen Ethan eat as much as he ate today. Now we are trying to stay up late because Kelly is due home in an hour. Super excited for his arrival, i'm sure he will be exhausted but it will be a wonderful week. We have nothing planned at all (perhaps some room painting and couch assembling) but hopefully no more nightmares with furniture or anything. I think we are just going to try to relax, not plan anything and have fun!!
I've just been on the internet researching snowsuits. I've looked at all of the regualr kids places (Gymboree, Children's Place Etc). I haven't really been sold on any, I don't find any that cute and they are all quite expensive. So i just went onto the NOrth Face site and found a really nice one for not that much more than the ones from all the local shops. So I think i might order it. I mean we live in the arctic, he needs a good snowsuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment