Saturday, September 11, 2010

Poker fun!

Well i'm not the poker champion but I think I did alright!

This morning we got up and headed to the paint store. We decided to go to Benjamin Moore, we had been given lots of advice to buy the good stuff the first time. SO we decided to take the advice. We found a few colours and headed home to check them on the walls. We stopped at Safeway on the way home in hopes that they would have sweet potatoes. Thankfully they did. When we got home Kelly took Ethan for a walk while I made lentil, sweet potato and Gouda soup. So yummy~!
Once Ethan went for a nap Kel was off to pick up the paint. We decided to go Blue in Ethan's room and Green in the new baby's room. Kelly worked hard and did all the edges while I cleaned the house, did some laundry and started dinner.
I made a spaghetti bake for dinner (wonderful recipe from Michelle). Michelle, Atti, Mike, Maureen and Nolan came for dinner! It was fun to have everyone over, we chit chatted, did lots of eating and well it was just plain fun! Ethan went to sleep (not happily) around 7, Mike and Maureen took Nolan home to bed. After we sat on the couch for awhile, (i was feeling quite ill from the delicous cheesecake Maureen brought) Atti brought out the poker. I hadn't played in awhile, I forgot how fun it is (and kind of addicting). So we played that for a couple hours and then we sent Michelle and Atti with very warm Labour wishes :)
Fall has definately arrived here, the mornings and evenings are quite chilly.... I think the first frost is right around the corner! We are trying to decide right now if we should paint or go to bed. I kind of want this whole painting thing done before Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment