Monday, September 20, 2010

Quack Quack!

Today was our first day of "Duck" swimming lessons. Last time we were at the pool Ethan was somewhat miserable, so I wasn't sure how today was going to go. Also because 'Duck' is for ages 18 months to 30 months. Ethan turns 18 Months on the 12th of October, so he is the youngest. Once we got there, of course i'm huge and everyone was looking at me... the kids in his class were definately older but seemed to be similar to Ethan. The teacher first asked us to blow bubbles. Well Ethan has never done this before so I thought forsure this was a fail. But he LOVED watching me blow bubbles and after awhile he actaully put his head in the water and blew some bubbles! I was SO impressed! We practices our front floats and back floats. Ethan was a pro and both. THe one thing we need to work on is dunking out head. That is not Ethan's favorite activity. He is very good at jumping into my arms from the side of the pool.
After swimming I rusehd into the family change room to get a private stall with a shower (There are only 3, which is kind of rediculous) anyways I got one, thankfully. It is also so cold in the change rooms so Ethan and I stood under the shower for awhile to warm up. I let Ethan run around the room for awhile while I shampooed etc (of course he had shoes one... crocs to exact, the floors in the bathroom make me a little sick). Once I finished my shower I came out to dress Ethan, well right when I looked at him he was peeing all over the floor. Just another thing to confirm that the floors in the bathrooms are gross.
It is POURING rain out, again forecast calling for snow, doesn't look like that will happen, but the rain has been constant. Makes me feel like i'm on the west coast. Luckily for us, we know that the sun will be just around the corner. It never stops raining on the West Coast :)
We are watching Caleb this afternoon, we have one more night until our Dad comes home, and trust me I can't wait! (yesterday I could have written a four page blog with all my complaints) but I decided to spare you and see how I felt in the morning. MUCH better. Not to mention last night I got to go hold baby Cohan again. Love him!

1 comment:

  1. I bet it felt great to be in the water :D

    I know what you mean about having a crummy day and wanting to do nothing but complain about it. Sounds like my day so far today! I'm glad Kelly is coming home... some lovely family time :)

    Cant wait to see more pictures of Cohan. He's precious!

    ReplyDelete