Saturday, September 18, 2010

Little Baby Cohan

Today was a crazzzzy day. Last night at about 8 I got a call from Michelle saying she thought she was in labour. At about 10 I got a call from Atti saying there were in the hosptial and this was it. (Now secretly, as much as I wanted the baby to come I was hoping he would come when Kelly was home so I could leave Ethan with him). Anyways baby was on his way. I kept the phone by me all night waiting for the call, of course in the mean time we got two calls for a fax.... Anyways at about 7:30 this morning Atti called with the wonderful news that little Cohan was born at 5:30. Visiting hours didn't start until 11 and Michelle was hoping I could come then (seeing as she hadn't slept all night). Unfortunately I didn't have anyone to watch Ethan at that time so ethan and I continued with our morning activity and I would go in later.
Our morning activity.... the last SWAP meet of the year, two arenas full of wonderful kids stuff and Kelly generous left me lots of Mula. The only thing different this time was that Ethan was going to have to come with me. Ahhhh but I had a plan. I got him out of bed and dressed and we headed straight out the door (at about 8:15). The plan was to feed him breakfast in line. I had signed him up for childcare from 10-12 so I could do some seroius shopping. Ethan was so good, he ate breakfast and was really good for the next hour sitting and listening to us chat.
I took him to the childcare around 9:45 (getting the most value for the money). I left him there, there were two other kids around his age in there. I peeked in the window and he was having fun. At around 1047 (ten minutes before the meet starts) I see a lady and my son walking towards me. She said he had been screaming since i left... So i said 'Alright i'll go get my stroller'. but she said that kids cry all the time the entire time and I could leave him with them. And maybe this was mean of me but I sent him back. I mean I paid for the two hours and he has to get used to not being with me all the time (He is in a very attached stage right now). So back he went... I'm sure he was even worse this time because now he had seen me... silly move on their part. Anyways Virginia said she stopped in and checked on him on her way out, so that was nice. Once I had finished my shopping I went and scooped up my little man. He was still crying but extremely happy to see me.
We didn't have time to go home, I took Ethan straight to Maureen's house cause I was off to the hopsital (I didn't think it would be fun to take Ethan...who was sick... and likes to wander to the hospital). Thankfully Maureen said he went right to sleep... he wasn't happy to see me leave him again.
The traffic was Awful, it took much so long to get there. I was so happy to see Michelle was awake and had little COhan in her arms when I got there. Atti had gone home to try to get some sleep. I got to hold the little guy. My gosh I had already forgotten how small they are. He is so incredibly adorable. Michelle was doing great, she looked exhasuted but SO beautiful and happy. I spent about an hour and a half there then had to head back to get Ethan.
Picked up Ethan and again, off to the next event "Stamp it Up' party at Virginia's. It was really neat, the host taught us to make a card, I didn't know I could do it! It turned out great. I guess that is what happens when someone does all the cutting and brings all the supplies for you!
Pizza for dinner, put Ethan to sleep and Virginia and I watched "Letters to Juliet"... Don't have too too much to say about that movie :) We just got home, about 10:30 so it was a very long day for us. I'm hoping tomorrow that we can do a little bit of relaxing, Perhaps Ethan and I will take a nap. I can hear Ethan coughing in his room. Poor guy, teething and has a cold. I wish he would sleep by me in my bed, but no, he would never sleep. I just want to cuddle him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment