Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Terrible Twos....

I'm pretty sure the 'Terrible Twos' should be renamed the 'Terrible 17 months'. Ethan was, to put it nicely, a handful today. I thought having two of us would help keep his attention on other things than crying, but today just seemed like one of those days. Ethan slept in until 9 this morning, which was great! We all had a great sleep in and a very relaxing morning. We ate breakfast together and made all of the phone calls we had to made.

We didn't leave the house until 11:30. First stop was the Home Depot in the West End. We bought a book shelf for Ethan's room that matches his crib. Ethan is TOTALLY into books now and I want him to be able to have all of his books out (rather than just a few, the rest are in boxes). Anyways, then we headed to Once Upon a Child to check out the snowsuits. I was very successful at OUAC I must say. We bought Ethan a really nice Columbia snowsuit, he was walking all around the store in it. Looks great, I just gave it a wash and it looks brand new. I also found two newborn Halloween sleepers. I'm sure they will still be far too big for my little two day old but he will wear them and he will look cute :)

Ethan slept on the car ride home, I thought about trying to talk to him to keep him awake until we got home, but I just felt too mean doing it. So he fell asleep and I thought forsure he would go back to sleep when we got home. No such luck. We maybe got 20 minutes of peace. We hung around the house for about an hour trying to get a few things done, but Ethan was having NONE of this, finally we both stopped what we were doing and headed out on a very long walk, no stroller or anything. Ethan ran the whole time and once he got tierd he went on Kel's shoulder's. If we could keep Ethan outside all day I think he'd be happy. Anyways back at the house, i'm trying to make dinner, Ethan was in an out of all the cupboards, just not happy about life. After dinner was the same so finally it was bath and bed. It is so quiet around here right now....

Tomorrow we decided we needed to be more prepared. I told Kelly Ethan needs to either get up and go and come home for a nap or we just need to hang out inside until nap time and go out after. So tomorrow we plan to get up and go, hopefully it is nice because we are planning a small hike. Ethan will love being outside, so hopefully it will keep his spirits up. Another possible trigger to his mood today could be the four teeth that are all coming in at the same time. Poor little guy.

Anyways until tomorrow ....

No comments:

Post a Comment